New BFG KM2 Tire Sizes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am aware the the official size of these tires is 34.8 or something like that but I have measured my spare and it is barely 34 inches tall. I have read on alot of sites that BFGs run a little smaller than listed.
?

Hey Jack, I'm over here in Bossier City, we're going to have to hook up. But, yea that's why I'm curious... I'm wondering how they would tuck on a 8 or 7.5 in rim.

New KM2s here (puny, skinny little 255/85 R16s:eek:), with around 1k on them. The wife and I are headed to the Michigan UP for a week to do some "testing." I'll report back more on offroad after that.;)

So far around town, I'm very happy with them. Like a cross between the old MT and AT. Some limited wet testing, undecided how much improvement there, but seems to be some. Quieter than either version of the old MT.

I've run BFG radials since the AT came out back in the mid-70s, then went to MTs when they came out. Pretty happy with the upgrade -- and will be thrilled if the winter performance is a notch better, too:doh:!

345 KM2's

I am running them with a Slee 6in lift. Very little rubbing albeit I had to get the dremel tool out to cut into the fender flares. I do rub the wheel well at full stuff but nothing I am concerned with at this time. I will eventually increase my bump stops by about 1/2 and in and that should do it :)

They took me to Alaska and back as well as some local wheeling in Colorado. They ride as nice as the Toyo MT 35's with about the same noise I believe but that is why I have a big stereo... :grinpimp:

PIC
mud1.JPG
mud2.JPG
mud3.JPG

I am running them with a Slee 6in lift. Very little rubbing albeit I had to get the dremel tool out to cut into the fender flares. I do rub the wheel well at full stuff but nothing I am concerned with at this time. I will eventually increase my bump stops by about 1/2 and in and that should do it :)

Thanks Nemo, I think you may be the first to run these. They look huge!:D How do they measure on that 8" rim?

They took me to Alaska and back as well as some local wheeling in Colorado. They ride as nice as the Toyo MT 35's with about the same noise I believe but that is why I have a big stereo... :grinpimp:

PIC

Nemo,

Now that is one tough looking vehicle. I only have a 3 1/2 inch lift and I am pretty sure I'd need Slee's 6 inch lift to run those tires. They are HUGE!!! Reminds me of some pictures I have seen on the web of some TLCs in Iceland.

I am glad to hear the good news on the KM2s. I hadn't done a lot of research but my experience with BFGs has been stellar.

It will probably take me a couple of years to wear out my new 35 inch KM2s but when I do I'll likely buy 345s to replace them.

Thanks for the pictures! :clap:

Last edited:
Hey Jack, I'm over here in Bossier City, we're going to have to hook up. But, yea that's why I'm curious... I'm wondering how they would tuck on a 8 or 7.5 in rim.

Are you going to Arkansas this weekend?

Based on Nemo's pictures, I don't think they will stuff very well unless you have a huge lift. These are VERY BIG tires. You have to love how they look!

Nemo, I think that those tires look killer on you truck. Are you running any wheel spacers on that set up? If so, What size?

Thanks,
:beer:

Heres a picture of mine with 365 km2s. 5 inch lift on front 4 inch on back. Only rubs rear fender flare on back just slightly at full stuff on inner inch could easily trim but not bad enough that Ive got to it yet. Also I did trim lower rear front fender and moved front fender flare back about an inch no problems up there.
landcruiser 066.jpg
landcruiser 068.jpg
landcruiser 067.jpg

Last edited:
I am not sure I would state you must go 6inches but for me it is ideal. The tires do rub slightly but not so much that I am concerned. The fender flares needed trimming and I get a slight rub on the inner lip of the metal wheel well. Not enough to even consider cutting yet and I have had it articulated to full stuff. The 6inches allow for more movement in the fact that the wheels are angled just enough to allow the wheels to get inside the wheel well. 4inches of lift would suffice if done with the right bumpstops but I would think the articulation would be affected?

Based on Nemo's pictures, I don't think they will stuff very well unless you have a huge lift. These are VERY BIG tires. You have to love how they look!

:meh:

I have a 3.5" lift and 37x12.5 Trxus MT, which are not a 36" size tire. They stuff perfectly with a well balanced suspension although I had to lengthen my LCA's 3/8" and trimmed a little bit off the rear fenders, but you don't need extra lift.

Love the look of a 37, you need that much tire on the 80 visually (and in the rocks).
37%22 Tire Full Stuff.jpg
OCG 053109 Squeeze.jpg

Another set of 345/75R16 KM2's on a 6"...

I am not sure I would state you must go 6inches but for me it is ideal. The tires do rub slightly but not so much that I am concerned. The fender flares needed trimming and I get a slight rub on the inner lip of the metal wheel well. Not enough to even consider cutting yet and I have had it articulated to full stuff. The 6inches allow for more movement in the fact that the wheels are angled just enough to allow the wheels to get inside the wheel well...

I can confirm exactly what Nemo stated above, as I've been running the 345's on a Slee ~6" since the beginning of 2010 and have noticed the same issues. Trimming the rear inner portion of the rear plastic flare (see poser pic), and 'flattening' :) the inner metal lip of the wheel well took care of the rubbing at full articulation resulting in a near perfect-angle tuck (although one side is a little worse due to the nature of the panhard-controlled suspension geometry).

Overall a sweet tire choice for the 80 in my opinion (not just because I'm BFG-employed!) with respect to size and ridiculous performance in all types of terrain, but I'm wishing I would have went with Nay's age old recomendation about the 5.29s instead of my conservative 4.88 choice back in the days of 35s...
345 75 R16 flare trim.jpg

hopefully sooner than later i can add to this post with more insight for other mudders, like ALL of you guys have done for me. I have been eyeballing these 345/75/16 KM2's since i got my 80 back in May 2010. this week i will be ordering my OME J's and L's for my suspension lift along with additional 30mm coil spacers, just recently installed a 1" BL. i might be rolling with my 33" Terra Grapplers for a while longer, but as soon as i can get my new 345 KM2 shoes, you better believe i will be posting again.

Just want to add that NAY, your rig has been my inspiration for going larger than 35's and being NAKED w/out the flares. Not to mention everyone else who has posted their modded rigs, and to the 80 that was FIRST to post with 345's, sorry i cant remember names, much love though.

Topher

Last edited:
Just want to add that NAY, your rig has been my inspiration for going larger than 35's and being NAKED w/out the flares.

She was designed without flares and will treat you much better naked :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom