New BFG KM2 Tire Sizes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.marklowimagery.com
I am running BFG MUD 315 75 R16 on my truck with stock gears. I have Slee 4" kit complete with 1" spacer in front. I am not looking to get new tires and was wondering if I might be able to go up one more size, with the KM2's. They now have 345 75 R16 which meausres something like 36.3 where my 315's measure 34.6 or something just under a true 35" tire. I guess the 345 would be effectivly like a 37" tire. Would these still fit onder the truck alright and would I notice a further reduction in power due to the stock set of gears? Or should I just go back with 315's? The 345 KM2's will cost me about $400 each mounted and balanced!

345 is about a 13 1/2 inch wide tire vs. just under 12 1/2 for the 315. Aren't most 37's only 12 1/2 inches wide?

I think width is going to more of an issue than the height.

I've been waiting for someone to buy this size KM2 and post up with their results. My concern is not fitting them, (as I'd do the 1" MAF spacers on top of the OME mediums and 1" RB body lift) but how would they fit on the stock 8" wide rims. Folks here run 12.50's on the OEM rims all the time, but these are 13.50's, correct?

I like the idea of running something larger than the standard 315/34.8" tall KM2, and not going all out and running a true 37.

Justin

With a nearly 2" increase in diameter and a 10 pound weight penalty (64lbs per tire for 315 vs. 74 for 345 according to tire rack) you would definitely notice a further decrease in power. Adding 40 pounds of rotating mass is definitely going to have an impact on acceleration and braking performance that's before you even consider the performance penalty for the larger diameter.

Last edited:
i think it'll fit just fine but you'll definitely feel some power loss. i think this would be ideal for my next set of tires.

I run 37x14.00s and 39x11s with 2" bumpstop extensions. The only time you're going to have rubbing is at full stuff. So if you have 2" bumpstop extensions you 'SHOULD' be able to run these. My 37x14.00s are mounted on 16x12s with 3.5" backspacing and my 39x11s are on 16x8s with 4.25" backspacing.

The 8" rim width shouldn't produce any issues. I used to run a TSL 33x12.50 on the stock 62 rims (6" I think), zero issues. I'm digging the 345 option as well. Who'll take the plunge first?

P.S. Tire Rack has them for $295 a tire.

P.S. Tire Rack has them for $295 a tire.

certanly not cheap .. I wish we have an midd option .. something like 335 or 325 .. it's just my idea to end with a tire that measure true 35" or more .. but not that interested in breaking the 36" barrier ..

How much issue do you think you would run into, if you run the 345's with a 3in OME lift?

How much issue do you think you would run into, if you run the 345's with a 3in OME lift?

Nay should chime in on this one. He likes big tires/ low lift, which is the correct combo if you can get it "tuned" up properly. I say it could be a nice setup.

Would these 345's be ok to run on stock axles? Or would the axles have to be beefed up? Just curious, I have heard different opinions on this subject even with 35's.

Would these 345's be ok to run on stock axles? Or would the axles have to be beefed up? Just curious, I have heard different opinions on this subject even with 35's.

Opinions differ, but I'd run them on stock axles. Order them up!

Bringing it back

Anybody running 345's yet?

I just bought a set of 315 KM2s and have a 3 1/2 inch lift. J springs and L shocks. There seems to be a LOT of extra room. I am aware the the official size of these tires is 34.8 or something like that but I have measured my spare and it is barely 34 inches tall. I have read on alot of sites that BFGs run a little smaller than listed.

I am probably going to Hot Springs for the cruiser crawl up there this weekend and I am going to examine how much room I have stuffed. From what I have seen so far, I might go to 345's next time around. If they really are slightly smaller than listed, you might have a tire that is actually closer to 35 inches in height. The width may be the issue.

By the way, I have been running BFGs for years and love them but this is my first set of KM2s. Does anyone have any opinions on them?

Im running 365 km2 on 10inch wheel with body lift and 2inc spacer on front one inch on rear no problems but I wanted as little lift as possible.

I run 315 76 16 KM2's on my LX and had a set on my F250 for about 50k Freaking love those tires.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom