Need to replace rear suspension spheres (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi..i have a 2001 4.7lt amazon which is now in need of a couple of rear suspension spheres..been to toyota and they want crazy money for 2 rear suspension spheres...anyone got any ideas where i can get 2 of them..many thanks.

Not sure about your nomenclature. Possibly, do you mean the control arm bushings (upper/lower)?

Thanks..if i cant get new or recon spheres i will have to rip the lot out and replace with springs and shocks..dont want to but i can not pay that amount of money for 2 spheres and then wait to pay as much money again cause the hight sensors have packed in..shame as i love my AHC..any idea where i can get a uk based company that supply a kit to convert me to springs and shocks..thanks.

Thanks..if i cant get new or recon spheres i will have to rip the lot out and replace with springs and shocks..dont want to but i can not pay that amount of money for 2 spheres and then wait to pay as much money again cause the hight sensors have packed in..shame as i love my AHC..any idea where i can get a uk based company that supply a kit to convert me to springs and shocks..thanks.

Not sure if this helps you any - there are 3 height sensors and each costs about $275 on lexuspartsnow.com. There are 4 accumulator 'spheres' and each costs about $500 at the same site (best prices I've found online for certified new parts in general). When the spheres go "bad" I think most people tend to replace them all but I'm not sure how easy it is to tell if you just need one or all 4.

With the height sensors, I can tell you that it is easy to open them up and see if they are bad or not (you can also do diagnostic tests with them to see if each one is good or bad). Also, the common reason for failure is rust inside. There are springs that rust out eventually. Some people have had success replacing the springs with springs from click pens or whatever (seriously). Other people have also used sealant to reseal the o-rings better than oem to prevent future problems.

Personally, I had a rear height sensor go bad at about 75k miles (only had the car since 70k so I can't say whether any were replaced before me). I was afraid the front ones might need replacing so to ease my mind and not buy 2 front ones unnecessarily I opened them up and discovered that they were pristine - no concerns.

My point is you can take out your height sensors and inspect them if you want. Also, the height sensors are about half the price of the globes. You can also get globes from B&B for about 300/each last I checked (when you buy all 4 together).

Sorry if this is information overload, just trying to help you put the costs into perspective.

Please go to our site 'activesuspensionsystems.com' we ship worldwide very reasonably

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom