Need help with slider choice for LXHere is a pic (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Yes I've searched but need specific advice please. I've removed my running boards and rear mudflaps, so I'm finally ready for sliders. Therefore, which Sliders would fit and look the best with my setup? I am not a fan of full step sliders but do like the look of having the rear gap filled. I would also like them to not stick out too much. I've never purchased sliders, so any advice on model and price would be greatly appreciated. Here are pics for reference.....

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Just a heads up, if you still have the AHC, you have to get sliders that are LX specific. A LC slider won't work due to the AHC components on the frame rail. I learned that the hard way and had to send a pair back. Second pair I ordered, I switched to the Slee SliderSteps. I am very happy with that choice. Since you are concerned about how far your sliders stick out, here is what mine do for a reference. From the widest part of the body, if you dropped a string with a weight on it straight down, the sliders would be flush with that. With the driver's door open, they stick out 3" from the opening. Which is just enough to put my size 9.5 bare foot on parallel to the car. I walked out the car to try that and measure in the middle of writing this to make sure I wasn't giving you bad info. I have a roof rack so I have found the step quite useful. I can post pics if you want more detail than that.

Pics would be great, thanks a bunch! And, may I ask why you chose the slider steps?

I bought a set of sliders from
Cruisin Off Road - Your source for quality expedition gear

If you are in the US, they might be expensive to ship (not sure, I'd contact them), but if you are paying in CAD, that alone can save you a bit of dough.

I bought mine for $725CAD + shipping ($150CAD)... at current exchange rates, that is $560USD plus shipping... something to contemplate.

These sliders work with the AHC system which is still on my LX. Some photos of my sliders are available on the following thread:

Cruisin' Offroad Sliders

Jason at Cruisin' can also fill those rear gaps for you, if you ask nicely.

You mentioned you are not a fan of the step-style sliders that stick out from the truck, but may I ask why? Is it purely aesthetics? A major advantage of sliders that stick out farther than the sides of the truck is that they will push you away from certain obstacles that would otherwise gouge the body. Of course this only applies if you do a lot of off-roading, but I know that I have been in several situations where sliders would have made a sharp turn around a tree or large rock a lot easier due to the peace of mind that the slider would serve its purpose and protect me from the imminent damage. To each their own, but sliders that stick out from the body will protect more than just the rocker panel. I don't mean to persuade you away from your personal preferences, just my $0.02!

Here are some pics of my Slee SliderSteps. I chose them for a couple of reasons. The first being I have been really impressed with the other Slee products I have and their customer service. The second being the function. I wanted a slider with a step. My kids are 5, 2, and 2 so I wanted a step for the kids to be able to use and the parents to use for strapping them in. Also I have a roof rack and wanted the step for that. Like you, I wanted something that didn't stick out too far. The nice thing about these are the flat surface with the grip surface like a skateboard. No slipping on slick gloss powder coat.

1444796648644.jpg

1444796667105.jpg

1444796689799.jpg

1444796733323.jpg

1444796760797.jpg

Another subtle thing is the angle at the ends. I haven't ops tested it but in theory that is better than a square end to help slide up the rock versus ramming into it.

Here's some pics of the process I took to put them on my LC. These are OPOR sliders sold by Metal Tech 4x4. I got them on sale.

The G-Ride 100

Another piece of advice if you go with the step design and have dogs or small children that get in and out of your truck - make sure the step surface has very small holes in it as opposed to large ones. That is one thing I do have against that Slee slider style above (albeit all it takes is a phone call to have that changed, Slee's customer service is A+) and this was actually mentioned by a member on another slider thread, sorry I don't remember their name. I don't even want to imagine what would happen if my dogs paw got caught in one of those holes while jumping out.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom