Need a headlamp and a flashlight (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have a couple of Princeton-tec LED headlamps and they are fine. I don't like how I have to cycle through all modes to turn it off. neither have "memory" as to which light mode you were last in, meaning it comes on the highest setting each time it comes on. it's not a huge deal but a minor inconvenience.
My current headlamp is the Black Diamond Storm. I really like it. It is quite bright but has a power save mode which I use more than the bright mode. Honestly, if I were you, I would pick a AAA model LED headlamp and call it good. Almost every reputable company out there will have a good light for less than $50. I have no use for button cell headlamps. AA or AAA is a must for me. The quality and selection of LED lights over the last 10 years has been amazing. It is a game changer compared tot he old filament style lights.

As for a flashlight, I have become fond of Fenix. GREAT VALUE. I have a E11 (I think) because it is a single AA torch with good output on high at105 lumens and a power save mode at 32 lumens.. It is small but bright. It stays in my hunting pack purely as a backup. I also keep one in my fishing pack for the same reason. One spare AA battery and you are good for a LONG time.

If you want a bright flashlight, there are many options these days. I just got a Fenix PD35 and I really like it. It will run off 2 CR123 or one 18650 rechargeable battery. It is rated at 960 lumens but has a much better flood beam than any other bright light I have but still has good distance to the beam. You can get the flashlight with battery and charger for $80 or so.

Little late to the party, I use a Fenix PD-35 Tac for work on my belt. Bring extra CR-123 batteries though. I get plenty time with them but i carry 4 extra batteries at hand with mine.

I also recommend a Streamlight Stinger HL but those require recharging so its a better truck light and not backcountry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom