my window keeps falling down!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So here is my problem, my rear drivers window keeps falling. Sometimes the window will go u and down with the switch, but other times when I hit the switch it will fall part of the way down and I have to lift it up to get it back into place. I bought a new motor but wanted some input first before I tear into it. Any other ideas of what it could be??

Looking for some real time help since my door panel is hanging of the side of my rig!! haha thanks everyone

That sounds like the sector gear on your window regulator might be shot. It could be the gear on the motor, but you'll probably have to take the door panel off to get a better idea. These window mechanisms are actually pretty straightforward to work on, compared to most other vehicles.

Duct tape.

:worms:

get a look inside, several possible causes, may require parts, but not necessarily.

What is the easiest way to remove the motor??

Fortunately Ive never had to do one on a Land Cruiser, but I've had these very symptoms on several other cars, including two Camry windows. Replacing the window motor assembly, all of it, has been the solution. In every case, the highest quality amazon or ebay option was used, and I never had to replace the same one twice.

...I'll add that I always bought the part first, less than $50, and then disassembled the door. The procedure was obvious from that point forward.

...I'll add that I always bought the part first, less than $50, and then disassembled the door. The procedure was obvious from that point forward.
I had a similar issue. Make sure the window run didn't slide on the window itself.
It will make more sense what I am saying when the panel is off.

^^ so I pulled the panel off of the busted side as well as the good side and realized that the arm with the green roller came out of its channel. I replaced it and it is working great now, but it appears that the green roller nearly comes out every time it is at the half way point of rolling up, while the passengers side has about a half inch of track left before it would roll out. Any thoughts???

I had this same thing happen. I had to slide the metal/rubber bracket that is on the bottom of the window back on the glass. wasn't easy, and I was afraid I would break something, but i just took a long pry bar and pried it back using the door as leverage. Not sure how or why the channel slid forward, but fixed the problem and has worked perfect since. Hope this helps

Well, as always, IH8MUD has fixed all of my cruiser problems!!!!! I was able to remove the arm and then slide the track and replace the swing arm. Works like a charm now. I will be taking back the new motor and getting some cash back! thanks again everyone!!

Well, as always, IH8MUD has fixed all of my cruiser problems!!!!! I was able to remove the arm and then slide the track and replace the swing arm. Works like a charm now. I will be taking back the new motor and getting some cash back! thanks again everyone!!

Glad you didn't need the new motor!

i will give you the complete door assembly (glass intact) if you are near Camino California and can pick it up. Larry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom