My Introduction......and my 60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Everyone, been lurking around here for a few years, havent posted, thought it was about time i did!
Im another Aussie member, with an 85' HJ60, 2H H55, pretty stock. I purchased it off ebay 2 years ago, and it was in pretty rough shape, Lots of roof rust, sill rust, rust around the windscreen, and a huge hole in the cowl/Plenum area beneath the passenger side windscreen, and just to top it off, it turned out it had broken a ring land on #6, and burnt more oil than diesel. I initially bought it as a potential parts car for $1200, but being a gluten for punishment i started to cut out rust and repair it.....looking back I wonder what i was thinking, over 160 hours of work, and nearly setting it on fire at one point, as i had been lazy and didnt completely removed the head liner when welding the roof, I tell you what, that fluffy jute used in the roof is VERY flammable LOL. Once rust was repaired I decided to tackle the engine rebuild, Id rebuilt quite a few petrol engines, so figured a diesel wouldnt be much harder, Im Glad i did, because it was a really nice motor to work on. I Upgraded the pistons to a more rebost design with alfin inserts, These are made in japan by ART who apparently made the original pistons, the quality was very nice. The head is just a slapper, Lapped the valves, installed new seals and precomb's and gave the rocker gear the once over. The plan is to bolt on a turbocharger and intercooler, which is what im up to at this point, the motor has now done 40,000km's and well and truly run in.

Once the motor was installed we decided to move house, 3000km's away, so the cruiser came in handy for the big move, the motor had done 120km's before i hooked the 8x5 tandem trailer up, loaded it with all my tools and gear, 1.5ton or so, and that was the run in for the poor 2h lol! some hilld had me down into second gear lol....

Its a pretty standard rig at this stage, running 31's in BFG Mud terrains, 2" lift, Roof rack, good shocks and steering damper.
Next on the list is the turbo, which im in the middle of making an adapter for, so i can use the stock exhaust manifold, I machined up a Flange today, just waiting on the T28 exhaust flange to arrive. the turbo is a T28 frame with a .86 exhaust housing, this is actually from a pair of turbo's I purchased for my twin turbo ford 250ci 6, But i parted all my car stuff out when we made the big move north, but kept the turbo's....

Cruiser.jpg
DSC00310.jpg
DSC00311.jpg
DSC00367.jpg
DSC00368.jpg

That's gorgeous. 'Round here they usually give :flipoff2: for a welcome, but here's another for showing off your stock diesel: :flipoff2:

Hey Gareth welcome mate, yep nice stock 69 you got there, good to see more Aussies coming on board and looking forward to more pics

Hi buddy your cruiser looks nice i'm in the same phase but in a worst state in regard to body of my cruiser, i'm using CT26 turbo charger for my 2H with inter cooler and sourced exhaust flange from Ebay for some 50$, please look into adding inter cooler bro.
1.jpg
10481784_1509120909316941_1515503168_n.jpg

Buddy i'm a big fan of GM350 short block, since i cannot find one in my place thought of giving my current little girl a daring red ha ha. i'm using the same exhaust manifold have cut and grind those 3 fixed studs and have made a 10MM stell plate suitable for turbo flange which will be welded on to the manifold and coupled to turbo with gasket in between. that's said I'm from India buddy so GM350 is my dream and on a serious look out for it one day will get her in my hood.

Gareth, looking good.

all your vehicles white?

Welded up my turbo adapter today, kinda pissed off at myself though, mig welder was fresh out of argon, so i decide to use the stick welder instead of waiting to get a new bottle of argon....I SUCK AT STICK WELDING, well on small jobs i do, or if the weld isnt a nice long run on some 1/2 mild steel lol
I also machined the flange to sit snuggly inside the toyotas manifold recess, so i shouldnt need a gasket or anything there which is good.

weld looks a little untidy. Pics tommorrow, camera was flat. The T25 flange arrived from ebay, just need to die grind the base of it so the 2" round pipe merges into the T25 rectangular hole...

Boring Vid of the first start of the 2h after the rebuild

and heres a vid of my old mans cruiser (actually my brother has it now), 12HT powered 75 series

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom