Builds My 78' Barn find FJ45 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

By long weekend I meant five days long.

The day's must be longer down under. For there is certainly more than 5 days work left as we mark time up here. But I'll do my best to speed it along so I won't keep you waiting Cult.
:deadhorse:

Thats funny chit right there I tell ya! You need me to come over with some whips and chains!!!

October.... I'm pretty close to you in the last week of october. I'll have to see if i can alter the plans some.

That would be terrific Mark! I would like to meet you face to face. Keep me posted on your travel plans.

Lets have a little gathering!

Hendog 2.jpg

I have been working on detailing the engine while I'm waiting on my body man to paint the truck. I think I have my PS pump mount figured out. Since the PS unit mounts to the face of the IP I wanted to stabilize it with a bracket on the back side. I know it is kind of simple but it appears to work.

PS bracket 4.JPG
PS bracket 5.JPG
PS bracket 6.JPG

Lets have a little gathering!

Henry I recieved an email from Mark and it looks like he won't have time to swing this far south on his trip. :meh:

@Pauciflora Ben that makes two of us! He has had a few things pop up in his personal life that has slowed everything down. Right now I have no promised date of completion.

Cheers mate!

I was able to get the front of the motor back together. I installed the new water pump, new AC compressor, new belts, new upper and lower thermostat housing gaskets, some new hoses and clamps and PS pump along with a bit of cleaning and painting. Now I need to finish doing the same to the top of the motor and it will be complete and ready to mate back up to the transmission and t case. In the mean time I will finish blasting some parts that need to be plated.

12HT 1.JPG
12HT 3.JPG
12HT 4.JPG

Thanks Ben! I seem to have a grin on my face every time I drive it. BTW my body man has informed me it will be at least two more weeks before he can finish. That's a bummer!

I wish my painter were as fast as my powder coater. I dropped this off yesterday afternoon and picked it up this afternoon. Aerostar in Huntsville gets :banana::banana::banana: for service and quality of finish!

image.jpeg

You have way more engine detailing skills then i have. That's for sure!
Looks exellent.

I made a little more progress on the engine today. Tomorrow I'll tend to the valve cover and install the clutch slave cylinder.

12HT 5.JPG
12HT 6.JPG

A question for my fellow mudders with more LC experience than I (which doesn't take a lot). I'm planning on installing a stock brake master cylinder and booster. But I don't have a proportioning valve for the disk/drum configuration on my truck. The stock prop valves are difficult to come by here for a reasonable sum.

The question is will an 87' FJ60 prop valve work for my setup? The 60 parts are more plentiful here is why I ask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom