Mountain Bikes - show/tell me how you lug yours around! (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Totally baddass solution! đź’Ş I did something similar back in the day with a 2003 Sequoia. Do you have to squish the front forks down to get in/out of rig?
No fork squish is needed. I mounted the fork mount to the bottom of the drawer to get additional room.

Adding this for folks to see another option. This is not 4x4 approved but for around town to the trail head works well. Kuat Pivot V2 plus 1Up equals I can use the hundy to go to trail head and not have to take my bike apart to do so

IMG_0708.JPG
IMG_0710.JPG
IMG_0706.JPG

i've commented on the other thread that focuses on Slee (noted below), but after meeting with the gang from 1up at Expo East a few weeks ago and getting a real-life test-fitting the new design of the rack attach, i think i will finally have a winning combo. It just arrived today, so I'll be able to post some updates shortly. I hope this puts an end to the years-long drama of trying to have it all with bikes, swing outs and overland load outs.

I've tried a few other solutions and invested in the Wilco prior to this experience. . I'll update that one with the results once i get a chance to put it all on the truck.
here's the other thread: Hitch mount bike rack and slee bumper w/ swingout

You have an update on this setup? Any pics or videos with it in use/action? I'm seriously considering a 1UP and a rackattach as I need the ability to carry 4 bikes. But will want access to the back of the 100.

You have an update on this setup? Any pics or videos with it in use/action? I'm seriously considering a 1UP and a rackattach as I need the ability to carry 4 bikes. But will want access to the back of the 100.
Consider buying my ISI rack, it can be used with the swing outs, works both on and off road and is among the sturdiest racks out there

Hmm interested. I'll look at those.

I think I mentioned it on another thread. A 1up with 2 bikes is awesome, 4 bikes are miserable and the rack gets huge. I had my 1up with 4 bikes for <1 year and switched to a North shore vertical, had that one for 6-7 years now.

i’ve got the one up with three bikes and i got a rackattach as well. it does get really big. it’s super stout and the swing out is awesome but it’s big and heavy. any more bikes and i’d go with a north shore type too. by brother in law bought a river city north shore rack and he hauls 5 bikes on the back of his ford edge. it’s a little cumbersome getting into the trunk but it works.

I have an 05 LX470 with the in bumper hitch. I tried to install a 1Up hitch rack but the tailgate hits the rack when open. I was thinking of getting a hitch extender to push the rack out enough to clear the tailgate. Has anyone tried this (I was not able to find a solution via the search function)? On my Taco, I have a Rakattach and I may end up going with a swing away if there isn't anything easier.

I have an 05 LX470 with the in bumper hitch. I tried to install a 1Up hitch rack but the tailgate hits the rack when open. I was thinking of getting a hitch extender to push the rack out enough to clear the tailgate. Has anyone tried this (I was not able to find a solution via the search function)? On my Taco, I have a Rakattach and I may end up going with a swing away if there isn't anything easier.
Harbor freight hitch extender / dropper for like 30 bucks

There are 2” hitch extenders all over the internet. Where did you look?

Get a hitch tightener as well. I use one of these on my troopy when I have my tray rack on and it allows me to open the back doors with bikes on the tray, and it's a good step/seat when no rack is on the truck.

Get a hitch tightener as well. I use one of these on my troopy when I have my tray rack on and it allows me to open the back doors with bikes on the tray, and it's a good step/seat when no rack is on the truck.
I have the hitch tightener on my Taco (for the Rakattach) as well. I'll get that after I make sure the hitch low adapter works (as well as the required locking pins). Thanks!

1UP sells the anti rattle parts separately as well if you want to use it on a generic hitch extender. i’m sure it’d work. they sell extenders but are a bit expensive

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom