Mike Sears Memorial Run Tuttle Creek Oct 26 - 28, 2018 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Some may show up as early as Thursday night Oct 26th. Camping at the Fancy Creek State Park west side loop which is about 4 miles North of Tuttle Creek ORV.

Lat/Long and UTM of campground:
39°26'25.1"N 96°44'17.9"W
39.440291, -96.738306

Lat/Long and UTM of ORV Park:
39°24'35.3"N 96°44'20.3"W
39.409802, -96.738961

This is always a blast and you'll always be surprised by the weather. The campsites have electricity so you can bring electric blanket or small space heater if it is cold. One year we woke up to temps in the low 20's. Other years it has been quite toasty with low around 70 and highs near 100. Even had both extremes in the same weekend so keep an eye on the forecast that week and pack accordingly.

Fancy Creek loop is reserved for us for the 26th thru the 28th. Thurs is the 25th. Anyone showing up then can pay at the campground for the extra night.

Does anyone have or know of a source for gpx files for the trails at Tuttle Creek ORV?

@CrowleyFJ40 had one...... here is message from him last year....

Well, I've got 1/2 of my conditions met, the Cruiser stops a lot better now......

Also, If anyone that's going to Tuttle wants a file for their GPS/phone shoot me an email or a PM, I've got one I made based on some maps/info from the Flint Hills Jeep Club I found online. Can't attest to it's accuracy, hoping to pull some actual data if Ella and I make it out there to play.

Just a reminder that this event is 3 weeks away. It would be nice to know who plans on attending. Rob and I will be there. Everyone usually brings their own food, but we usually end up pooling everything for group meals. We will bring chili as usual. The club will also provide paper ware, plastic utensils, serving utensils and napkins. We will have the club coffee pot and coffee. Will figure out how much everyone owes for camping space at the event. In the past we have divided the amount the club paid by the number of roofs. Seems to have worked well in the past. Am looking forward to seeing everyone. All suggestions to make this a fun, successful event are welcome as always.

Me and the kids plan on being there. 3 total. Leaving Friday after school, returning Sunday.

Mike

Leslie and I will arrive Sat AM.

I plan to be there.... not sure about kiddo's.

I’ll be solo...Mitch’s frat has their Halloween party that weekend. Plan to caravan with Friday morning group. I hope its warmer than last year!

Friday morning caravan would be good for us too. Me and the 2 oldest boys...the 11 week old is just barely too young.

Likely will be in attendance but need to determine the "when." There's a Celebration of Life that I'm thinking I might attend on Saturday but this is up in the air.

If I make it, it we’ll be Saturday night late afternoon with my daughter, more camping than wheeling if weather is right for an introduction to camping, true SOJO issues...

I plan on heading out Friday after work with my gf Elle

I posted on Konza on FB. FYI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom