Manifold cooling fan (1 Viewer)

I think thats what it's called

• Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
???Is there any problem with the fans that would make the PO remove it. The only other thing i can think of is there was a problem with the EFI relay and it was replaced with the fan relay, and they never bothered to get another one for the fan.
I just want to see what you guys think before i install a new one

It's late, and i forgot to mention that when i replaced my EFI relay today i noticed the relay for the fan was missing. Sorry i didn't include this part
Good Night

what year? the fan was omitted from the later 1FZ trucks although the spot for the relay and fuse are still there and marked on the fuse box cover, IIRC it is called a "CDS fan" I don't know what CDS stands for ???

[quote author=RavenTai link=board=2;threadid=16865;start=msg162707#msg162707 date=1085382867]
what year? the fan was omitted from the later 1FZ trucks although the spot for the relay and fuse are still there and marked on the fuse box cover, IIRC it is called a "CDS fan" I don't know what CDS stands for ???
[/quote]

CDS stands for ac condensor. Dual ac 80s got an electric ac condensor fan that would automatically be turned on when the refrigerant pressure exceeded a certain amount.

US 80s just got an empty bracket in front of the condensor and a couple of empty spaces in the fuse box.

[quote author=Rich link=board=2;threadid=16865;start=msg162713#msg162713 date=1085384335]
CDS stands for ac condensor. Dual ac 80s got an electric ac condensor fan that would automatically be turned on when the refrigerant pressure exceeded a certain amount.

US 80s just got an empty bracket in front of the condensor and a couple of empty spaces in the fuse box.
[/quote]

Yes, I have it in my 97 VX with dual AC and cooling box. If I switch on all ac's plus coolbox the fan runs very often. In my tropical climate the cooling system has to work overtime :D

Mike

My 91 has the CDS relay blank, etc as you described...

Are you saying you do not have the manifold cooling fan? It is a black tube right next to the fuse block.

I don't think it would harm much to remove it...I have heard of many people doing so to run dual batteries.

[quote author=Rich link=board=2;threadid=16865;start=msg162713#msg162713 date=1085384335]

[/quote]

ahhh I see, thanks :)

[/quote]

I know of one that does not have an empty space in front of the condensor. ;)

Cdan- how much would that run a smart and lucky shopper?

I do have the manifold cooling fan, in the almost two years i have owned it, the fan has never come on, what i want to know is, sould i put a relay in the blank space or has there been any problems with them running to long and draining the battery.
Anyone know how long they should run after the fan comes on?

my cooling fan was on twice over the past weekend -- only 1-2 minutes past engine shutdown -- it's like a little blow-dryer of air coming out of there -- wouldn't hurt the battery, so i think -

e

My fan comes on most every time I shut down for 1-2 min. No problem with battery
drainage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom