Maintaining a 2F-ETI and a 40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well after all these years just a 10KW difference on the dyno and that could even be the dyno itself, so happy with that.
However intermittent issues with No2 injector suspected after CSM looked into it. The down side, after not even 10 min from leaving CSM lost all power. main fuse blown for 12V to EFI and ECU. Live feed to No3's connector resting on exhaust manifold, melted and short. Disturbed while looking at No 2 would be my opinion.
Public holiday here so Monday will have that conversation, now I have all the facts of cause and effect.

I had hopped that the intermittent issue with No 2 injector was related at fist glance repairing at the road side, CSM too pointing at the same. So maybe not there fault but just coincidental.

Have to say though doing the wiring myself was a plus so many yeas ago, at least I knew where to look. So after 15 min road side powered up back to the DYNO shop, 4 zip ties and of home.

Maybe all the looking forget ignition problem was not and issues were injector related. Ah the labour of LOVE

I remember in your other thread you built the motor for 15psi. Any plans to crank it up to that?

No, the torque is prefect for the 35's, more would just be wasted. I can already clean break 30 spline Bobby Longs CVs

right, its taken me 3 days of reading and ignoring all calls at work but ive finally read through the build thread and this.

WHAT A MACHINE :hillbilly:

seriously epic 40. now we all know what the 2F could have been. well, if it were backed by big bucks.

have you ever done a fuel economy test? just to see if you were able to up the performance without adversely affecting the efficiency of the engine, not that it was all that efficient to begin with

No, the torque is prefect for the 35's, more would just be wasted. I can already clean break 30 spline Bobby Longs CVs
Gotcha, I'm just curious how much power u could have gotten with it turned up. I'm slowly acquiring parts to turbo mine. I have a piggyback, and 3fe manifolds so far. Do u think a intercooler is necessary at 8psi?

right, its taken me 3 days of reading and ignoring all calls at work but ive finally read through the build thread and this.

WHAT A MACHINE :hillbilly:

seriously epic 40. now we all know what the 2F could have been. well, if it were backed by big bucks.

have you ever done a fuel economy test? just to see if you were able to up the performance without adversely affecting the efficiency of the engine, not that it was all that efficient to begin with

This was posted in the last pages of the build #1114 <----- efficiency was never the aim but just cruising along I can't say I'm disappointed either.
PS Zimbabwi I was last there 22 years go very nice part of the world.

Gotcha, I'm just curious how much power u could have gotten with it turned up. I'm slowly acquiring parts to turbo mine. I have a piggyback, and 3fe manifolds so far. Do u think a intercooler is necessary at 8psi?

Pre and post temps on the last page speak for themselves #865

Last edited:
What can I say.

Changed the oil. Filled the washer bottle. Need new wiper blades.

Maintaining the 2F-ETI is on the whole easier than a Carbi.

Odometer stopped clocking up the ks. Speed and gauges ok.
Just the tenths ticking over but not the rest. Stripped cleaned,rebuilt.

BB0B80DD-B89B-4D9B-886E-E555B36A44D8.jpeg

Fuel leak from low pressure side of surge tank return to main tank fixed.
Old fuel line perhaps 10mm shorter then it should have been caused premature failure.

6641A035-52B2-4065-A366-FDE897521EE9.jpeg

New rear shocks in.

DADD1D1F-E019-484B-8F4D-81C37A35504B.jpeg

image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom