Low range tcase sensor switch fix (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I don't know if this has been covered or discovered. I just bought a FZJ80 and the lockers and the cdl didn't work so I started trouble shooting. I figured out the low range indicator switch was not working so I jumpered the connector and everything started working. Then I removed the switched and checked it and couldn't get it to complete the circuit.

After inspecting the switch I had a idea that maybe I had another switch from my toy pickup parts stash. I really didn't want to buy a new switch. I guess the stock switch quit working cause it never got actuated.

Well I found a solution sitting on the side of my 90's toy 3.slow manual tranny the reverse switch looked identical and it completed the circuit so I installed and it works great.

Figured I would share this info cause toy pickup stuff is more plentiful then cruiser stuff and you can pull from side tranny quick and salvage yards sell this kinda stuff cheap especially at u-pull it yards.

Last edited:
What vehicle is a 90's 3.slow tranny out of? Is the reach or depth of the part of the switch that screws into the transfer case the same as the original? Someone also found a replacement switch from NAPA, don't recall the part number.

Sorry I thought that 3.slow implied toyota pickup v6. I come from toy mini trucks and everyone know's that terminology I should have specified.

I didn't measure it but side by side they look identical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom