Low Range Clunk (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mfb

Threads
Hi All,

When in low range and descending down a hill at above crawl speed, I'm getting a clunking noise and feeling through the cars floor...?

The drivetrain, gears normally are rock solid and don't make any strange noises, not even up hill...

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Check the U joints. Mine was doing the same. Found faulty the last one at the rear.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1432297942.413627.jpg

Possibly front swing-arm bushings??? My front suspension clunks when I'm flexing and I would think the low range downhill may force it.

Thanks for the input guys, I'll look at both.

Clunk can only be noticed while descending and feels like it right under the drivers feet, right hand drive truck.

Clunk can only be noticed while descending and feels like it right under the drivers feet, right hand drive truck.

worn motor mount or loose exhaust hangers allowing some movement when compression breaking? Makes it all raise up closer to the floor supports.?

That's exactly where mine is on LHD (under the driver's feet) When I did some work on it, I jacked it up at that point and it became obvious that my bushings are shot (I bought them, but have not installed yet.)

Bilt4me,

Would it be possible to upload a photo of those bushings?

I have the same issue with mine, only happens when in low range descending down a hill in 1st, can feel the shutter through the floor (drivers side - Right hand drive)

Bilt4me,

Would it be possible to upload a photo of those bushings?

I don't have a pic of them, but do a search for "radius arm bushings" or some part of that and you'll get what you need. There are lots of threads here with those pics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom