Lots of brake codes being thrown at me! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Brake, ABS, and Traction lights come on after about 5 minutes of the engine running. Doesn't have to be driving- even 5 min idling in the driveway will throw the lights on. Had the codes read and I got the following:
C0226 (Open/Short circuit in Hydraulic Brake Booster Solenoid SFR Circuit)
C0236 (Same but SFR Circuit)
C0246 (Same but SRR Circuit)
C0256 (Same but SRL Circuit)
C1201 (Engine control system fault)
C1252 (Hydro boost pump motor fail)
C1256 (Accumulator low pressure fault)
C1290 (Malfunction in Zero Point of Steering Sensor)
U0126 (Lost communication with steering angle sensor module)

My mechanic says he thinks the steering codes and brake codes are related because they are connected somewhere but isn't sure. Rather than pay him for hours of research and buying parts it might not need I figured I would ask on here since this is where the experts hang out!

On a scale of 1-Dirk Diggler, how f#cked am I?

Oof! That sounds like a lot. I think I would let your mechanic do some electrical forensics if he's up to the task. Identify the wiring harness pinouts on the ECU and the ABS unit plugs and make sure you have continuity. Check for obvious abrasion of the harness as it goes through the firewall, look for rodent activity - chewing into harness bundle, etc.

Id also check brake fluid level, but I agree....look for a messed up harness.

UPDATE-
It was my headlights!
I know, right?
Apparently, if you have aftermarket headlights it can cause some sort of interference in the system. I have had these on for like 4 years with no problems, but I unplugged them and drove around all day and no lights came on! I guess they may be going bad.
Hopefully this can save someone a bunch of time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom