Looking for a rollbar (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for a factory rollbar, prefer the style that bolted together and had provisions for shoulder belts.

Thanks in advance

Ray

Screenshot_20230810-171553.png

Do you have a year preference? That one in the picture is a 1979 to 1983ish. I have some extra parts for a setup if you want some parts to build one up.

I wasn't aware there were more changes besides the older solid one piece ones and the later two piece ones. Do your have provisions for shoulder belts? Ive read conflicting things saying some rugs had shoulder belts attached to the hard top and some were on the rollbar

There were never one piece roll bars that were OEM. They started being offered in 1975 (IIRC) and ran through the end of the line in 1983. Changes were in 1977 (IIRC may have been later) when the radius on the support arms were tightened to allow for access to the kick out window levers on the hard top. In 1979 (IIRC) they added a forth centering bolt in the brackets that attach the support arms to the main bar. At some point they added a third pad to cover that bracket. In 1981 (possibly 1979) they changed the roll bar paint color from black to grey. I am not sure when they added a bracket to the main bar to attach the seatbelt retractor but it was somewhere in the middle as you can find main bars with and without them. Lastly, the upper belt retainer just bolts to the arm-to-main-bar bracket in one of the forward bolts.

I know the differences are right, but I am a little fuzzy on the dates. Hope that helps clarify your search as you look for a roll bar!

I have some parts as well if you would like them

Thanks for the break down. I had seen pictures of both styles, but maybe the one piece was aftermarket. I guess for me the later the better, I'd definitely be interested in seeing what you guys have. I think for what I'm going to be doing in it the OEM style is fine and what's in there now is janky and full of booger welds

@Overlandeffex I'm still putting my setup together so if you have some and I'm not stepping on @badsamaritan 's toes, I may be interested in some of the tighter radius and four bolt bracket support arms. I have three sets of arms but they are a mix of years and I want to add a period correct setup to the 44.

When I get home from work on Saturday I'll take pictures of what I have and you guys can decide who wants what!

@badsamaritan you got first dibs for sure. I have some parts you may want, including some OEM pads.

Looking for a factory rollbar, prefer the style that bolted together and had provisions for shoulder belts.

Thanks in advance

Ray

View attachment 3398168
It looks like those rubber pads are there to protect rear passengers. I am putting one in my 1967 truck and didn’t know if I wanted the pads facing the inside of the truck or the outside of the truck. If this picture is how it’s supposed to go then I’m happy. Any tips on installing this factory rollbar into an early model 40

On later models there are support brackets on the underside of the wheel wells that you may want to think about installing. Real-steel and a few other providers make replacements sets for a 'reasonable" price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom