For Sale Long Island, NY. 1979 FJ55 RHD, blue, propane conversion, huge bull bar, hand crank-operated rear window (not mine) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

gonzopancho

SILVER Star
Threads
$16,500 ask
READ CAREFULLY PHONE CALLS ONLY I DO NOT ANSWER EMAILS...NUMBER BELOW IN CODE to try and eliminate all those scammers and spammers, YOU'LL FIGURE IT OUT! THANKS 1979 Land Cruiser. Has the original 2F inline 6 cylinder engine with a 4 speed transmission and 4 wheel drive, of course. Pretty rare to start just being an 'Iron Pig' FJ55 and then it is a right hand drive version with factory AC and power brakes! It is in pretty nice shape with NO RUST OR ROT and floors and frame are gorgeous! It has a brand new carburetor, spark plugs, muffler, battery and just runs and drives very well. Tires are fairly new as well. It runs on reg gas now 93 octane now but was converted to run on propane years ago and I have the carburetor for that application and it comes with the truck in case you wanted to put that back to run on propane again or remove that set up and sell it for decent money bc that setup is rare! It was converted by Torquegas conversions and the plate is pictured that they riveted inside the engine compartment. I am not sure if this was done at the dealer or if it's aftermarket conversion, I have no clue but it's cool! The tank is in the back still and you can see it in the pictures. The interior is in very nice shape, as you can see, as that was restored along with the rest of the truck 6-7 years ago. CALLS ONLY BETWEEN 9AM AND 9PM PLEASE! PHONE CALLS ONLY! Don't ask why CL won't let me NOT allow emails anymore but I NEVER check emails....so please don't bother sending me emails please. Thanks... PHONE NUMBER BELOW... CALL ME between 9am-9pm only please at AREA CODE 631 and then dial three five seven- 26,,,,,,,,,02...Sorry but I have to list number this way bc of the automated calls and spammers n scammers, you will figure it out! IF YOU SEE THIS AD THEN IT IS STILL AVAILABLE SO NO NEED TO ASK THAT QUESTION!!!
00c0c_gLEkzcL6K8Uz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00N0N_iENgq5lx5gxz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00202_5B61sSNyhPtz_0lM0t2_1200x900.jpg
01212_fZLROz6lbSOz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00S0S_9SXokfNlsrwz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00r0r_6LRZwHvF2WRz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00e0e_efKj3Ws93BFz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00p0p_dJlLzI93PPez_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

Was posted here before for 8,000. 🤔😉
I met this seller a couple of months ago he had an orange 76 fj55 that was a basket case that he wanted 19k for. He seems like a decent enough guy but is a flipper and has a garage full of half crappy cars for sale. He picked this aussie 55 up out of CT for 8k or less...

I met this seller a couple of months ago he had an orange 76 fj55 that was a basket case that he wanted 19k for. He seems like a decent enough guy but is a flipper and has a garage full of half crappy cars for sale. He picked this aussie 55 up out of CT for 8k or less...
What were your thoughts on the 55? It seemed to do well with a weak magnetic test, at rockers and overall. Drip rails had some plastic, as well as the lower rear fenders. They were full at the bottom.
It needs gaskets and an engine bay/ frame cleaning.
Overall it seems solid 😬
I put a deposit it Sunday, I feel fairly confident about the truck. They are getting harder and harder to find....
My wife and I are fairly comfortable with our current decision 🙏

Looks clean. I'll see if i have pics 😉
Definitely cleaner than most of the pigs I've seen over the past four or five years. I just wish I found one before the boom, when everybody had to have them, it's not as fun anymore as it was15, 20, 25 years ago.
I miss finding 40 series, 60, and 80 series for small money, not inflated today prices.
I wish I had all my Land Cruiser's in a nice barn, tidy and dry. I might then be able to retire?

manual rear window?
A/C but no PS?

Have a good evening, my hope is that the truck will be delivered to me shortly. Then, when I really start taking/picking it apart, and looking at it, I'll know if we made the right decision?
Wishing you safe travels, and a nice tail wind;)
Congrats!!!
Has she been delivered yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom