LCLC Chat (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ok, I was thinking that was the 45...the 40 looks really good !!

Happy Father's Day to the LCLC Dad's and my thoughts and prayers are with those who don't have their dad today.

Went on a nice trail ride today with the Rising Sun 4x4 group (TLCA club) - 17th year they've done a Father's Day run. Had a total of 19 trucks in attendance - a few 40s, a nice 45, a 60, my 62, a bunch of 80s, a 100 series, a Tacoma, and a couple of different 4 runners. Despite temps in the high 80s, we didn't have any major problems. Our trail lead busted a shackle mount off the frame, but that was a relatively quick fix with the help of some chains and ratchets straps. Here's a few pics from the day:

Papa FJ40, with "baby" FJ40:
1082670-4677411e5f2872cb490e457a68d2eaa3.jpg

Long line of awesome:
1082669-88d2e57b8fcfe5d0c4e83c7a3e760f2e.jpg

Sweet 45 driven by an awesome father/son duo - sorry for the crappy picture (@CharlestonG8R - don't let yours just be a pavement queen!):
1082666-f955e48866eef29181db15aec37e7926.jpg

This was the view at the lunch stopping point:
full

Hope you all had a great day!

Picked up my Year of Manufacture license plate.

image.jpeg

Looks good, Erik. I'll get the bicentennial plates for mine, that was the first multi year plate

I'm taking the old cruiser up to folly today and tomorrow, so you might see it slowly passing by.
If anyone is around and wants to stop in, give me a shout.
Moon

Picked up my Year of Manufacture license plate.

View attachment 1284260
Very nice! I have all of the registration paperwork completed and approved for mine on the HJ. Can't get one for the 40, though, SC didn't make them in 1981... The state refunded my original license plate fee - which was a nice surprise. The new Veterans tags don't look as good as the old ones, IMHO...

I hope I don't run into that same issue

The YOM tag selection is limited. As you can see, my YOM 'P' tag is on the front bumper b/c commercial P tags are still being issued and the P tags are not eligible to be used as replacement tags. If you do find a tag, you have to make sure the sequence is not already in use. Such a pain.

The YOM tag selection is limited. As you can see, my YOM 'P' tag is on the front bumper b/c commercial P tags are still being issued and the P tags are not eligible to be used as replacement tags. If you do find a tag, you have to make sure the sequence is not already in use. Such a pain.
Yep. I bought a really good looking tag off eBay only to find that I couldn't use it. Then called the office, read off all of the available sequences on eBay and found only one that they'd approve. When it arrived, it looked bad and the wife said try again... Third time was a charm. FYI, look for a tag that starts with the letter "T" or further up the alphabet. Mine starts with "WCA" - briefly considered naming the HJ "Stevie Nicks".

I'm taking the old cruiser up to folly today and tomorrow, so you might see it slowly passing by.
If anyone is around and wants to stop in, give me a shout.
Moon

Found ya!
image.jpeg

Maybe one day I can do that with mine, too!!!

@Beau Diddly and @dbenke , did y'all ever replace the pinion seal on Tim's 80? Looked like it was going to be a bear... I wanted to see how it was done and I think that HAMOM was quite a while ago...

We were missing a seal at the Hamom, so we checked the gear oil until later.

We were missing a seal at the Hamom, so we checked the gear oil until later.

I'll need to get my hands dirty on this one. I took a look at my 80 last night and noticed a huge circle of oil underneath the rear diff. Upon further inspection, it looks like both the pinion seal AND the large main differential seal need to be replaced... I filled it with gear oil, so it is going to OTMT tomorrow morning... But sometime this fall it will need to be addressed.

When it cools off a little

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom