Events/Trails LCDC 2019 - 5th Anniversary (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Our spot at KOA got dbl booked some how now we don’t have a spot to stay. Looked all over everything is full . Any one have a spot I can park truck and sleep in .

I had something come up with work and cannot pull away from work this week. I have a campsite reserved at the 4J campground in town. Not full hookup but electric only. Not sure if I can call and pass it off to you, but it would save me the $35 or $40 a day that they will charge me for cancelling last minute.

West bound and down. ETA 3:00 PM.

BB725E12-9068-4DBC-ADC4-583FAB2C0057.jpeg

Just came from an AMAZING wedding at Ophir Pass.....Borrowed my Bros Taco for a few days and drove Ouray side several times (once at night with 6 adults/1 dog/bed FULL of stuff)...Drove town of Ophir side once slightly less loaded....Wild flowers should be poppin'....

Being from Vermont and visiting Ophir pass for a few days was amazing...I saw more landcruisers in an hour than I have in my life....(and I'm pretty old)

If you have 50 or so minutes round trip (walking) hike the small trail from top of ophir pass to crystal lake...Spectacular!

Emjoy and safe travels!

I had something come up with work and cannot pull away from work this week. I have a campsite reserved at the 4J campground in town. Not full hookup but electric only. Not sure if I can call and pass it off to you, but it would save me the $35 or $40 a day that they will charge me for cancelling last minute.
Killer we slept in some spot last night a ranger came knock on us this am all good tho sent u message

HP or LP hose? Low pressure should be available at any parts store, though without the molded bends you’ll need to watch for kinks and such.

If it’s HP most hydraulic hose shops can cook something up pretty quick.

Either way.. yes.. at least it wasn’t halfway up the single lane section near the top of Imogene.

Not sure which hose it is. I couldn't tell and just got it towed to the local Toyota shop. The master tech there is going to try and fab something up today. If they can't make something work they're going to overnight new parts and I'm here until Thursday. :(

Today is the day! Look forward to partnering with @cruisercops for the kick off. Be safe on the drive folks. Better to be late. We will keep the light on for you but the beer may be gone!

When you get here- take a load off and decompress and chill. The mountain air and food and beer should help with that.

- Todd aka BTUman aka Elite Land Cruisers

Heads up.. keep an eye out for weather: forecasts may be less accurate for a few days. The main radar in Grand Junction is down until the 3rd and while there is a backup there is apparently a difference in the data which can impact the models.

Hey folks...

Some of you cup-holder-haters (Pretty sure that’s all of us) might wanna have a look in person at both new models of the custom-3D-printed cup-holder replacement units. Not quite available, but it’s one of those things that is easier to fathom in person.

Just say hey, and you can take a look.
They’ll be in my truck...

Markuson

PS. @DRCocaCola had the official first one! These are unit # 2&3..hot off the line. :)
78A51E4C-0949-4809-A60B-48099FF5FD58.jpeg
16F16426-37BA-40BD-8968-775B3D99A2A7.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey folks...

Some of you cup-holder-haters (Pretty sure that’s all of us) might wanna have a look in person at both new models of the custom-3D-printed cup-holder replacement units. Not quite available, but it’s one of those things that is easier to fathom in person.

Just say hey, and you can take a look.
They’ll be in my truck...

Markuson

PS. @DRCocaCola had the official first one! These are unit # 2&3..hot off the line. :)
View attachment 2045505View attachment 2045506
Chocolate milk, and now Diet Pepsi.....looking forward to meeting you someday @Markuson , you and I will get along just fine:cool::cheers:

Hey guys, I'm sorry we didn't make it up there this year. We had a house fire that's turned our world upside-down, and while the LC didn't burn, it did get a little toasty. We will try and make it up next year.

O64VlCk.jpg

1VBkjdg.jpg

(Above was taken from inside the LC as I backed it away from the garage - it was parked in the middle pad position about a foot from the door and 100% would have burned.)

It sort of has a toasted marshmallow patina now.
ogCwKPr.jpg

kTZBOsp.jpg

My E63s AMG wagon and E30 project car were both inside. Fire investigators think it was a lithium ion drill battery that started it.

Anyway - hope y'all are having fun up in the hills, and when you get back consider putting smoke/heat detectors networked with your other smoke detectors in your garages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom