LC 250 Wait list? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cedar Park Toyota near Austin has no ADM. They will charge you 1k for window tint and ceramic shield for the vehicle, but that is the best one I have found in central Texas without insane markups. They require a $1k deposit, but it is 100% refundable.
I can confirm this. I put my deposit down mid-October and the wait list was around 100 already.

That checks out to about 50k units/year, assuming all dealers get equal allocations (not totally true, since certain regions/certain dealers simply move more volume especially of this sort of vehicle. IE, I’m sure Denver Colorado dealers will get more than say New Orleans(plenty of population, but probably 4Runner-Esque vehicle isn’t the most popular in that region), or a dealer in Denver gets allocated more than a dealer in Wyoming (less population/ less sales)
Just spoke to my dealer. He confirmed about 50K units nationwide but 15K units to the "southern" dealers. They want more allocated down south. He said the list was just under 200 right now. The first ones would be available in February or March. If you are flexible on your trim/color, etc., you will get one quicker. They just finished up the TX training and initial push. The GX training for their salespeople starts next month.

Just spoke to my dealer. He confirmed about 50K units nationwide but 15K units to the "southern" dealers. They want more allocated down south. He said the list was just under 200 right now. The first ones would be available in February or March. If you are flexible on your trim/color, etc., you will get one quicker. They just finished up the TX training and initial push. The GX training for their salespeople starts next month.

That’s some crazy numbers, especially considering they sold about 120K 4Runners last year and they haven’t really started mass marketing it yet.

I'm not sure if that's enough or not. In one sense it's really low vs the 4Runner. But it's also going to be $15k more expensive and no 3rd row. Those two factors eliminate a lot of buyers. Toyota expects to sell about 30k sequoias per year at full production. Somewhere between the 120-150k 4Runner market and the 30k sequoias would probably be the sweet spot. But it depends on what the next gen 4Runner is too. If the new 4Runner remains very close successor to the current 4Runner and keeps pricing more like $40-55k - most 4R buyers I think stay with the 4Runner model since they'll be so close in form and function for less money. I can see 50k being close to the full demand for the LC250 if the 4Runner gets an update and has high volume production. If not - then I think more like 100k LC250's is what they need to meet demand.

pricing posted on a FB page. Dealer out of Denver Pricing sheet.

Screenshot 2023-11-17 at 12.22.35 PM.jpg

If the base is $62k - IMO pretty reasonable. Where do we think that puts the LC250 models? Will the top trim overlap the base GX or cap out about $62k?

If the base is $62k - IMO pretty reasonable. Where do we think that puts the LC250 models? Will the top trim overlap the base GX or cap out about $62k?
I think the first edition could hit $65K to $68K range + dealer mark ups.

I think the GX Overtrail at MSRP is a pretty good value in the Land Cruiser lineup. At $67k it's very close to the LC300 GR Sport for about $8-10k less. The pricing is also really competitive when compared to the LX600. I think the LX600 is in trouble as a viable model alongside the TX and GX. I think it's destined for the island of misfit toys.

Are, or will, the GX550 and LC 250 be built on the same production line?

I'm on three lists for a GX550, but the highest volume dealer told me the list is now 200 deep (I'm about 120 I think) and they are expecting to get 6 for 2024.

However, this is Canada.

I'm on three lists for a GX550, but the highest volume dealer told me the list is now 200 deep (I'm about 120 I think) and they are expecting to get 6 for 2024.

However, this is Canada.

Yikes, where in Canada? I'm in Calgary and when I initially wen in about a GX550 they had no one asking. I think I was the first to put down a deposit, last I heard they told me I'd get one in 2024 for sure but I didn't ask how many other people had put down deposits.

I have my fingers crossed for either a GX or an LC, I'm down for both so whichever comes in first in a configuration I like I suppose.

Last edited:
When you all put down deposits, are you also choosing which trim and options you are after or is it simply you are x in line for whatever your dealership gets allocated?
more of trim level, outside color and interior color.

I had no choice just whatever the dealership gets for allocation. They said I can pass on it or get deposit back at any time. Deposit was $2000

Yikes, where in Canada? I'm in Calgary and when I initially wen in about a GX550 they had no one asking. I think I was the first to put down a deposit, last I heard they told me I'd get one in 2024 for sure but I didn't ask how many other people had put down deposits.

I have my fingers crossed for either a GX or an LC, I'm down for both so whichever comes in first in a configuration I like I suppose.

Open Road Lexus in Richmond, Vancouver area. I tried calling a few dealers across the country too and all said no out of province sales due to demand.

I am a bit doubtful now that they are getting so few of them... maybe the salesman was misled and it's more like 6 in the first batch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom