Land Cruisers spied on TV/movies (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fair Game

Screenshot from 2018-09-17 21-40-31.png

This hardly counts but I mean you rarely see LCs in US Toyota commercials, I got excited.

Flipping thru channels and see three FJ40s towing boats. Movie is called Race for the Yankee Zephyr. Late model (75-78) RHD with vent windows and hatch in the back.

Also remember a FJ40 (66?) in the Dark of the Sun. Inpressive scene towards the end racing down to a river to catch a guy getting away on a raft. Had it recorded but lost when my satellite box was replaced.

Shadow of the Hawk has a nice FJ55 in many scenes. Have a poor quality dvd that looks like it was made from a old VHS tape. I remember seeing this at the movie theater when it was released in 1976. By then I had owned my 68 FJ40 for two years so was aware of what a FJ55 was. Wish I had the money to afford a second Land Cruiser back then would have been a FJ55.

Salt and Fire on Netflix... I was only watching for Gael Garcia Bernal :coffee: but then was happily surprised by this beauty appearing in a large portion of the film
iy68euL.jpg

Edit: do not watch this, it's horrible, unless you just want to see some lengthy nice 100 series shots. Gd it Werner Herzog, I trusted you.

Last edited:
And he's using a real map.:cool:

Ive been strongly resisting season 3 of Lethal Weapon on Fox due to a main (best) character being fired.

Broke down and watched the first episode and the replacement guy drives a cool FJ62*! Maybe it isnt so terrible.

i001187308.jpg

Last edited:
anyone catch this Jay Leno's Garage ep

-Out-Cold-aj-cook-5988117-1024-576.jpg

This was one of the first movies that I noticed a 60 series. Out Cold (2001)
It is in one scene and this was the only still that I could find of it. Can't figure out if it was a 60 or 62. But, the way that she started it and drove off so quickly and smoothly...I would guess 62

And he's using a real map.:cool:
Cause it's a 60. If it was a 62 with an automatic and power windows it would be an early model TomTom instead.

:)

Glenn in Marana

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom