Ladder to the roof (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Photoman-

How does that ladder move to open the rear gates! I'm ready to start bending and welding!

Bill,

I have a non ladder related question for you. &nbsp:Do you find that black flys, no seeums, or mosquitos get into your cruiser through the rear vents or through the ventilation system?

I haven't camped in my 80 in really buggy conditions yet, but in my 60, I used to have infiltrations through somewhere and I think it was through the ventilation. I would put the air vents on recirc. and they would still get in, I was suspecting the rear air vents as a possibility. Have you had any problems like this with your 80? If so, what did you do? I like your rear screen idea.

I am out of town and can't do a picture but the ladder removes in about 2 seconds. On the top I just bent two pieces of flat stock that hooks over the tubing on the rack and welded them to the two upright parts of the ladder. On the bottom I welded a coupling to my rear winch mount. One of the pieces of ladder uprights goes through this coupling and is locked in with a hair pin or spring pin. So, just pull the one pin and lift the ladder off the rack. This is now going to change as I am now welding up a rear bumper. I will be removing the flip up license plate holder that covers the winch fairleads and is the current bottom ladder mount. If this is unclear let me know and I will do a picture when I get back.
No, luckily the bugs do not get in through the ventilation but dust sure as heck does.
Bill

Photoman,

Regarding dust entering the cabin... There are 2 large rubber bungs under the rear, behind the stock spare location, under the bumper. These sometimes fall out and will allow dust to enter on dirt roads. You might check to be sure yours are still there.

It's not easy to describe where they are located but I can take a pic if you can't find them.
-B-

Thanks -B-. I have a 45 gallon aux. tank where the spare tire was and that rear winch. If the plugs are outside the frame rails I will check them out when I get back.
Bill

Bill,
They're fairly large; about 4"x6" if I remember correctly.
-B-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom