Labour Day weekend trip? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Damage Report

John (canadian bum)
-LH front tire blew a bead

Eric (Green BJ42)
-RH front tire blew a bead
-RH rear tire bead is leaking
-LH front fender got crunched
-LH body panel got ripped off
-LH rear tail light lense smashed (thanks to some jerk on a quad)

Pascal (White 70 series)
-RH front Ubolts were loose causeing the axle to be extremely loose he turned around after the first hill

Sounds like you guys had a blast. I really wish I could have made it out, I ended up getting tied up all weekend with other stuff, and on top of that my brake master blew on Saturday afternoon.

I look forward to seeing these pics. Did it end up being a day trip, or did you guys camp?

Spencer

Just got home, tired, house is a mess, roommates inexplicably out of town for a couple days........ Pics to come once I get them off my camera. Had an absolute blast...... definitely NOT a beginner run :)

I've got more pics and a few vids... but here's the good stuff. I trust John will tease us with some of the shots from the "s*** Your Pants" hill day, these are mostly from today. Big thanks to John for leading us out and giving us a great 2 days :cheers:

smallIMG_4943.jpg

smallIMG_4962.jpg

smallIMG_4968.jpg

smallIMG_4976.jpg

this gives you a bit of an idea on the hills..... they were steep enough that I was riding the torque convertor's stall speed on quite a few in first low.... and on one I had to winch up the last 70' cause my rims were spinning in my tires :eek:
smallIMG_4979.jpg

smallIMG_4982.jpg

smallIMG_4984.jpg

smallIMG_4986.jpg

smallIMG_4995.jpg

smallIMG_4997.jpg

smallIMG_4999.jpg

smallIMG_5006.jpg

smallIMG_5010.jpg

Last edited:
Nice pics Curt ! The night shots look better on the computer.
John: thanks for guiding us all sunday & monday.:clap:
Eric: sorry about the wet interior.:doh:
I hope to load some pics while in class.
cheers.

Wow, that's wicked.... Probably best I ended up working all weekend, I'd a been in WAY over my head!!! I can drive, but I don't think my truck is up to that stuff!!!

mmmm wish the cruiser club at home did that kinda stuff....i would be interested in doing something like that...i'd just have to be a bit careful not to smash anything up (im fine with scratches) i think im bringing spare axles back in my luggage when i come back from bc over x-mas...

looks like i missed out on some wicked fun! some of those pics are "toyota trails" cover worthy!

looks like i missed out on some wicked fun! some of those pics are "toyota trails" cover worthy!

Good idea, just dropped the best shot I took out of my post ;) We'll see if they like it.

i just washed my truck...
think i'm banned for life from that car wash, lol.
only a few minor repairs so far. steering needed some wrench time and tire fixed it self, till it gets cold and won't hold air.
but,it was an awesome trip and totally worth the effort.
i made a joke that the first wheeling trip of the summer was labor day long weekend, at least we got out.

and a big thanks to john for guiding, and excellent spotting when things got tense.

got to get ready for next time.
:banana::wrench::beer:

i realized it was good that i put the k&n filter on or i would have swamped my air filter, maybe a couple of times.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom