Jarbidge or Bust - "Overlanding" Nevada 2015 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well, here is version one of the video. It's kind of long because there just was so many good pictures and videos i didn't want to leave anything out.

I did realize one mistake is that i didn't give Dan any credit at the end, but by that time i was already uploading a 32GB video and so i didn't want to start over.

great video and pics!

So, just the other day, I'm sitting at my desk at work, dreaming of being any place else, when I get a call from our receptionist telling me that I just received a package.

I go up front and retrieve it. It's a decent sized box, but it as light as a feather and makes no noise when I shake it. WTH? Why did somebody send me an empty box?

I open it up and find this:

image.jpeg

Last edited:
That is awesome. Definitely a contender for winning the internet today.

@spressomon retraced our steps to Jarbidge while taking his new mobile espresso cart on its maiden voyage.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

During the mandatory stop at the town watering hole, he spotted the sticker.

image.jpeg

He ran off with it when the barmaid wasn't looking:grinpimp:

image.jpeg

Damn son...and y'all gave me s*** for asking about an umbrella...lawdy mercy!

That sticker is great.

Funny you got it this week...I was just re-telling this Jarbidge tale Wednesday morning. Y'all have been on some incredible journeys.

#enviousasfxxx

@desertdude we're at Saddle Mountain Ranch until Tuesday AM P

What a great truck that was! RIP.

That area is itching to be explored again. Maybe next time it will be dry.

^ part of the Pine Forest you traversed is now Wilderness Area thanks to Harry Reid. Probably not more than a hundred people in any given year go there butt ... good ol' Harry Reid and his horse trading with all things public land, copper mines and polluted rivers.

What a great truck that was! RIP.

That area is itching to be explored again. Maybe next time it will be dry.

Been thinking about this. Fall would be the natural time, but it would be full of hunters. Maybe August, but it might be hot. Remember the year we did it, it was a "dry" year. Imagine doing it this year.

To some extend the mud made it more exciting... but it also got old after a while. Especially the small fortune in car washes it cost us between jarbidge and North Carolina... i bet i spent $20 in quarters at 3 different car washes. Still had mud falling off when i drove through a rain storm through st. louis.

So yes, i'm very interested in heading back to that area. This spring i'm heading to the caribbean, but maybe 2018?

Awesome trip guys! A little thread revival. We did a very similar trip the year before you guys did. Ours was a NV border to border, from CA to UT. We did it in 4 days though so it was much more rushed. If you ever make it back out this way and wouldn't mind another 80 tagging along, let me know. I don't want to clog up your thread with too much of my junk, but here is a link to my tacomaworld thread of our trip if you're interested.

Cross Nevada "all dirt" expo trip

pictures and actual trip start on page 23. Earlier pages are planning and BS.

WHAT THE HELL’S A JARBIDGE?

My Baofeng crackled to life for the first time in years just a few minutes ago. It was a two factor encrypted message sent through a Holley Sniper (WITH Hyperspark controlled ignition, so I knew it was important). I had to run to the shop asap to wake ETAF and have *him run it through the decoder.

It’s a YouTube video. This has to be a sign

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom