Is this bad? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, bought this 80 a while ago for my mother (With her money) and added to it (4x4 labs rear, belly pan, pan hards, lca, full interior).

She took it camping at canyon lands and flopped it on elephant hill.

Need to see the side before I plan a funeral (find a donor and swap over).
image-3994180192.jpg

Usually its considered totaled if the pilars are not repairable or the safety cage area is compromised enough. Dented door metal is repairable. This could be bad though. Doesn't look like the windshield is even broken.

Bummer! That is a nice vehicle. Hate to see it in that situation. Hopefully it is salvageable....at least it didn't roll down a big hill. I assume she is fine and that you don't hate her....at least any more than you did before she flopped the 80. :lol:

Windshield is busted, I love my mother, she is 65 and does this crap and I think it is awesome.

We will rebuild!

Looks like coal in her stoking for X Mas this year though :p

An 80 is one of the best addictions ever!!

It's cool that she will wheel it like that!

Apparently driving skills are genetic.:doh:

Slow,
First, glad your mother is Okay. I think its so cool that she gets out and drives a built 80 like it should be driven.

Regarding the flop, I feel your pain brutha, but planning a funeral for the 80 shouldn't even be mentioned or considered. There is a possible change in appearance in its future so show your mom these pics to give her some hope. I chose to go full convertible but could have replaced the whole top and kept it the same. Do you have any pics showing the extent of the damage?
Big Bear 6.30.12 046.jpg
Flopped LX450 002.jpg
128.jpg

Very awesome! Not the cruiser obviously, but that your mom is out wheeling in Moab. I would like to do the same for my parents and give them an 80 but my dad is a big "buy American"guy, so he says he would rather just have a heep Cherokee.

Glad your mom is ok, and the 80 has some good character now. Not to mention she doesn't have to worry about door dings down at McStiffs now ;)

Windshield is busted, I love my mother, she is 65 and does this **** and I think it is awesome.

We will rebuild!

Good thing your mom is 65. If she was 18 and looking forward to many decades of doing this, it would really drive up prices in the used LandCruiser market.:p

My parents live in Moab full time. Once it is on all fours ill have her snap some photos to assess the damage.

This thread will continues to show how things progress, thanks for the funny and kind words.

Dan

It's back on all fours and my mother is driving it back to Moab as we speak. Damage pictures to come.

Slow,
First, glad your mother is Okay. I think its so cool that she gets out and drives a built 80 like it should be driven.

Regarding the flop, I feel your pain brutha, but planning a funeral for the 80 shouldn't even be mentioned or considered. There is a possible change in appearance in its future so show your mom these pics to give her some hope. I chose to go full convertible but could have replaced the whole top and kept it the same. Do you have any pics showing the extent of the damage?

I love the convertable thing. Very cool! Do you have a soft top for it? Did you do the roof removal and associated body work yourself or did youhave a shop do it?

I've considered the linex route too. Some people love it, others hate it. I like it though

Slow,

YES! That's what I would do. :eek:

Strange place for a flop. Were they trying to climb that ledge? It is beautiful there, I remember thinking the same thing when my 55 lost it's starter. Couldn't have been in a better place. Lol.

Her foot slipped off of the brake and onto the accelerator, rookie mistake and it is hard for her.

At this point I am thinking of finding a cheap, non locked donor and swapping most of the parts over. The roof is pretty screwed up.
IMG_4026.jpg
IMG_4027.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom