Is this 1978 FJ40 front bumper stock?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Riverrunner

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.summitautotransport.com
I'm looking to get a little clarification from the members to see if this front bumper set up is stock? I am shipping another mud members 1978 FJ40 and we are having an issue with the carrier claiming that the set-up is not stock and now they want to charge extra before they deliver. The buyer, seller, and myself are convinced that it is in fact a stock set up, but any clarification is welcomed. Thanks guys!
BTW...here is the link that the driver used to determine the length. Toyota Land Cruiser J4 models for 1975 data

IMG_0392.JPG

IMG_0393.JPG

looks darn close to stock to me.

Red xs are not oem.
I don't understand how a non oem bumper can effect delivery charges.

They are claiming that it changed the overall length of the vehicle so they lost room on their trailer and had to leave a car behind.

Thats how far they stick out from factory, so they are wrong.

If the bumper is much further back then the front spring and shackles would get destroyed on any impact.

looks stock to me. even if the bumper itself isnt stock, look at where the spring hangers are.... the bumper could not physically be any closer to the hood anyways

That is a stock or very close to stock aftermarket bumper. As @Curt & @Vossie stated above, the frame space between the spring hangers in the front and the bumper looks stock. The bumper itself is hard to tell, but it is very close in the side profile shot to the c-channel type steel of the OEM bumper. The rear bumperetts look stock length too.

I think the shipper doesn't know what they are talking about. There are some good specs in the overall length floating around here on Mud that can back that claim up if you need them. From Wikipedia (Toyota Land Cruiser - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) the OAL is 3,840.5 mm (151.2 in)

That's Bull****. That is a stock Toyota bumper on a stock frame. The transporter doesn't know what he is looking at. The specification illustration earlier in this thread calls out the overall length. This 'Cruiser is within one inch of that factory spec.

154 inches.

Last edited:
Stock, no question.............

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom