International HS 2.8L Diesel Engine (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not a jeep forum here. Everyone is toyota here, so I doubt they can help you unfortunately.

This is not a copy of a LR engine as this is a complete new engine done by MWM International on Latin America. The engine block and cylinder head was completely re-designed addressing past HS2.5 ( 300Tdi Land Rover ) several improvements and robustness measures including significant cylinder block cooling. This engine was develop together with AVL in Austria where the combustion research was done. The level of noise and torque at low speeds compared with the previous engine was really improved a lot.
Several parts are compatible with the 300 Tdi as it get the improvements either at that time.
The HS 2.8Tcc was produced in two versions : one using single turbo with wastegate valve ( maximum power / torque 132 hp / 360 Nm ) and the VGT turbo version with 135 hp/ 385 Nm ) . Both uses Bosch rotary VE pump with improved features ( 900bar injection pressure ). Turbos are produced by Honeywell ( VGT made in France and WG made in Brazil ). Emissions compliance are Euro II ( Heavy duty ) .
I will be glad to share any information of this engine as I am the chief engineer of its platform at that time.

Got a BSFC chart for it?

Anyone know anything about this engine? It is made in Brazil by International and is a very popular swap into Land Rovers. The specs look like it would make an ideal swap into a 40 or 55. The difficulty would be getting one here and then finding parts I would imagine.

http://www.nav-international.com.br/Motores.asp?Idioma=2&Id=4

The funny thing is that Ford sells this engine in their Ranger pickup in Brazil but of course not here... And they wonder why they are in the mess they are. But that is a whole other thread.

They are not going for cheap on ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Turb...cmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33615QQitemZ7997424276
View attachment 103571
The engine was precure by General Dinamics for the Maricorps recon behicle platform use for the CH53 and the V22 osprey
Look at General Dynamics M1161 ITV-LSV 4x4 Growler

This is not a copy of a LR engine as this is a complete new engine done by MWM International on Latin America. The engine block and cylinder head was completely re-designed addressing past HS2.5 ( 300Tdi Land Rover ) several improvements and robustness measures including significant cylinder block cooling. This engine was develop together with AVL in Austria where the combustion research was done. The level of noise and torque at low speeds compared with the previous engine was really improved a lot.
Several parts are compatible with the 300 Tdi as it get the improvements either at that time.
The HS 2.8Tcc was produced in two versions : one using single turbo with wastegate valve ( maximum power / torque 132 hp / 360 Nm ) and the VGT turbo version with 135 hp/ 385 Nm ) . Both uses Bosch rotary VE pump with improved features ( 900bar injection pressure ). Turbos are produced by Honeywell ( VGT made in France and WG made in Brazil ). Emissions compliance are Euro II ( Heavy duty ) .
I will be glad to share any information of this engine as I am the chief engineer of its platform at that time.
I have a mwm 2.8 turbo 24volt.
Im in the US. need pulleys and such for front of engine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom