I effed up my lawn mower. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
by mowing over a non-existent stump of a bush, i have bent the crankshaft of my push mower. I know my options here, and none of them are good. I can have the crankshaft 'professionally' straightened, or I can go the backwoods route, and whack with a mallet of some sort. Thirdly(?), get the now POS replaced. What to do... :bang:

Get the POS mower replaced.

You have stressed the metal in the crankshaft. Briggs and Stratton used to offer a crankshaft straightener that you bolted the engine to and straightened them. They were sued a few time since the metal was more fatigued after it was straightened. The crank snapped for no reason at all and came spinning off with the blade at 3,200 rpm. It does major damage to you feet or anybody or anything in 100ft of the mower.

Beating on it with a hammer is a bad idea since the metal was more fatigued after it was straightened. The crank will snap for no reason at all and will come spinning off with the blade at 3,200 rpm. It does major damage to you feet or anybody or anything in 100ft of the mower.

Be safe and buy another mower or engine.

I'd beat it with a hammer and run it. No worries.

Craigslist buddy! Mowers are cheap and non-runners are practically free. Just buy one with the same engine and "Bob's you're uncle."

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

One of the wife's single female friends bent one in a brand new mower with all the bells and whistles. The mower was five or six hundred bucks. It cost less than $200 to replace the crank. :meh:

Craigslist buddy! Mowers are cheap and non-runners are practically free. Just buy one with the same engine and "Bob's you're uncle."

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

So he would have a pair of broken mowers? Great idea!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom