HOW TO: Detailed DIY for Remote Start/Alarm/Keyless Entry (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello all, here is un update with a video.

what is happening is the alarm is not sending the signal, just for reference, i ordered a new alarm in case that was the problem

have a look, super strange.

What i dont know now is if i have to program the viper to send a negative pulse?

If you said where you are picking up these wires, I missed it. I am assuming the I13 or factory LX security connector.

If so, the viper blue unlock wire needs to be connected to the lexus B-Y wire, with diode. IF the viper works identical to compustar, you can wire the viper orange-white to the Lexus LG wire, with diode, as the viper should send a ground on that wire at the same time as unlock The other way is to Y the viper blue wire to both the Lexus wires, diodes on both.

Lock is simpler. Viper green to Lexus

what is happening is the alarm is not sending the signal, just for reference, i ordered a new alarm in case that was the problem

What i dont know now is if i have to program the viper to send a negative pulse?

do you have a multi-meter? use that to verify whether the Viper is actually grounding the lock and unlock wires. the Viper itself has a solid ground? I think so based on the unit making noise and blinking blue, but verify that as well.

you do not need to program the Viper lock/unlock wires; they are already configured for a 500mA negative ground pulse. Do you have the full install manual?

do you have a multi-meter? use that to verify whether the Viper is actually grounding the lock and unlock wires. the Viper itself has a solid ground? I think so based on the unit making noise and blinking blue, but verify that as well.

you do not need to program the Viper lock/unlock wires; they are already configured for a 500mA negative ground pulse. Do you have the full install manual?
Yeah, its grounded so it makes the soudns and all that

i cant check on the multimeter since the pulse its only 0.8 seconds.

another thing i noticed is if i need to plug in a cable for the ign signal, just wondering.

I have the manual that came with the alarm, not as much info as i would like but i do have it.

thanks a lot everyone!

Yeah, its grounded so it makes the soudns and all that

i cant check on the multimeter since the pulse its only 0.8 seconds.

another thing i noticed is if i need to plug in a cable for the ign signal, just wondering.

I have the manual that came with the alarm, not as much info as i would like but i do have it.

thanks a lot everyone!
search for the Viper 5701 installation guide pdf. i think everything still applies to the one you have.

yea, you won't be able to watch the numbers change. my DMM is fast enough to pick that up in continuity mode w/ beep.

are you remote starting? if not, you don't need to use that harness at all

search for the Viper 5701 installation guide pdf. i think everything still applies to the one you have.

yea, you won't be able to watch the numbers change. my DMM is fast enough to pick that up in continuity mode w/ beep.

are you remote starting? if not, you don't need to use that harness at all
at this point i just want this thing to close and open, no remote start if i cant even get this one going, hahah, now im wondering if the light green cable is just not connected to anything.

anyone know the logic of that cable or were to find it on the main door harness to tap it and check? thanks

at this point i just want this thing to close and open, no remote start if i cant even get this one going, hahah, now im wondering if the light green cable is just not connected to anything.

anyone know the logic of that cable or were to find it on the main door harness to tap it and check? thanks
1673968961984.png

(C) 1−GROUND : CONTINUITY WITH THE FRONT DOOR TO UNLOCK POSITION

BN1 is the 20-pin connector in the kick panel

and

1673968995205.png

6−GROUND : CONTINUITY WITH THE DRIVER’S DOOR LOCK KNOB UNLOCKED

question about flex relay Is this optional or used for anti-grind?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom