Hoedown date? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Loosen the jam nuts on the draglink and spin draglink until the wheel is centered.

I prefer to turn the wheel lock to lock...make sure I have the box centered but counting turns each way and setting the wheel in the center based on turns in each direction. Then adjust the drag link and or tie rod as necessary to make the wheels straight and then center the steering wheel.
This way you get equal turn in each direction.

I prefer to turn the wheel lock to lock...make sure I have the box centered but counting turns each way and setting the wheel in the center based on turns in each direction. Then adjust the drag link and or tie rod as necessary to make the wheels straight and then center the steering wheel.
This way you get equal turn in each direction.

Well I got it done quick enough to sit down with a whiskey and coke so I call it done.......maybe next time

Bry, I took that way last time. Bueno.

Tom, take the nut off. Drive down the road, take off wheel, straiten it, put it back on.

Frame fix is complete. That's all my back would allow for this trip to the garage. Other than a short time in the contemplation chair
Got the stuff needed for my bumpstops installation.
Got the stuff for the front axle rebuild.
Hopefully will get it all done before the trip.

Nice. I just got my tailight back working again and swapped the bushings on my trans mount. My drivetrain shakes less violently now, the vibes have to be coming from my rear driveshaft. I orderd up my round delrin stock for my front frame side shackle bushings, but those wont be ready for hoedown.

Still gonna bring it though, right?

I'm stoked about seeing the group !

Thats the plan. Drove it to ohare and back on friday and around town today. Once i get the quirks worked out, it will be earier to drive than when it was IFS

Sweet! That'll be nice.
Mine is much nicer to drive around town now with the new springs. But the sticker that came with my new bumpstops says I can't do any abrupt maneuvers and that my vehicle will handle differently because it's modified.

I never got that warning in my sas kit, im going to call that jackass that designed and installed it and ask. I want to make sure that the handling hasnt changed, and only a sticker can communicate that info.

Did you get the imitation ginger bumps as well tony?

I didn't get ginger bumps.
My truck ain't cool enough for those.

We can do a raffle if everyone wants to.
I'm down with it.

I just remembered that I burned my chair on the last eve of PYS. I am very excited about some of the new prospects on amazon!

Damn, gotta prime that s***. Get it in time!

I'll be a Friday morning arrival, most likely.
I won't get home till late Thursday.
If I feel real energetic there is a very remote possibility I will arrive Thursday night to party with Mark. But it would be after 11pm.

The way it looks now I will be an early Friday a rival at the earliest

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom