Help me with OME lift problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

now that's some customer service...

After purchasing from SOR, CCOT, MAF, JTO, cruiserparts; they're all mostly pretty good (make sure to check CCOT's stock before ordering though, and don't count on SOR's specs without a lot of measuring of your own)
I'll be looking into ordering from Cruiser Outfitters down the road. Glad to see someone on the vendor side poking their head around in here and helping out.

I have a recently purchased medium OME kit in my 60 and have the exact same problem. About 1.5" lean on the driver's side. It's been about 500 miles now, and I've flexed it pretty good. I was going to contact ARB again this week and see what the deal is (I talked with them the kit first went in). Luckily they have an office not too far from me and said I can bring it down to have a tech there look at it. I'll post once I know something.

Hey Jared, just left you a message. Give me a ring and we'll catch up. Thanks!

It was great to talk to you today Kurt and I know we will get this figured out. I just want to let others know that Kurt's customer service is by far the best I have seen.

Luckily they have an office not too far from me and said I can bring it down to have a tech there look at it. I'll post once I know something.

That would be great. I would be interested on what they have to say to you. Keep us updated.

It was great to talk to you today Kurt and I know we will get this figured out. I just want to let others know that Kurt's customer service is by far the best I have seen...

Great chatting with you and I appreciate the kind words!

I'm having the same problem, there is a + on the springs on both sides and it is a 1.5" lower on the driver side (front and back). Springs have been on close to two years. Just seeing if we got it figured out.

Bumping this up as well to see if any solutions were ever devised. I have the cruiser lean as well. 1" lower on the driver's side with an OME setup.

I have a pretty good lean going on right now. Springs just went on 2 days ago so I'm not too concerned. Going from 1 1/2" to 6 1/2" between my axle and bumpstops makes a world of difference.

OME Mediums. + is on drivers side, - on the passenger side.

IMG_0711.jpg

mine leans the opposite of yours...
And it has settled quite a bit over the last 6 months.

Here's a pickle for ya: I have the cruiser lean, but none of the springs are OME, or even Toyota. I sit just shy of 1" lower on the driver's side running 1/2ton Ford rear springs on custom shackles and shackle mounts. Up front, there's Blazer/S10 springs w/ shackle reversal. Go figure.

Do other brands of aftermarket lift springs have this problem. We have been talking about the OMEs for several years and I have had a personally frustrating time with the "lean". If this syndrome is OME specific, the logical explanation is that OME has a quality control problem.

Do other brands of aftermarket lift springs have this problem. We have been talking about the OMEs for several years and I have had a personally frustrating time with the "lean". If this syndrome is OME specific, the logical explanation is that OME has a quality control problem.

I installed the Hell Creek kit and don't have this issue.

Frank

You can always swap springs side to side and see if the problem gets better... or worse. I bought my OMEs sixteen years ago and the lean followed the B spring from side to side. I ended up with two As. Those two springs now have 200,000 miles on them. The fronts I recently replaced.

I have BDS springs and mine has a a good lean to it.

i do also have 1,5 in lean to PS. 10yr old ome. Shoud i try swapping side to side up front or in the back.
it would be interesting to weigh the rig on each tire to see the weight distribution.
for on road trips i load it up more on the DS, and it gets a bit more level.
thats something i dont do going off road, i center the load as low as possible....

i just added OME mediums to mine. The A(+) spring is on the driver side. the B(-) spring is on the passenger side.

Weird. I have A(-) and B(+). Let's swap springs. One of us can have A's, the other B's. Or pluses and minuses. :bang:

IMG_0525.jpg

IMG_0524.jpg

now that is interesting... mine don't look that nice and shiny any more!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom