OME LIFT KIT SPRINGS (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I installed a complete OME lift kit two years ago and have about 2000 highway miles on it and very little offroad. The offroad miles are on maintained forest service roads. I am very happy with the ride, shocks and the anti-flip shackles. However the drivers side front spring pack now has a noticeable sag. I am going to swap left to right and see if it levels out but with so few miles this is disappointing. This is the first OME kit I have bought and I do not think I would buy another or at least not the springs. If swapping positions does not work I guess I will try Dobson spring packs on the front.

If I’m not mistaken they are left/right specific. It’s been a while since I did mine so I’m a little foggy. Those springs are not made in Australia anymore. Pretty sure they’re out of China these days. Again, could be mistaken.

If I’m not mistaken they are left/right specific. It’s been a while since I did mine so I’m a little foggy. Those springs are not made in Australia anymore. Pretty sure they’re out of China these days. Again, could be mistaken.
They are marked as plus or minus to indicate if the spring tested above or below the rated spring rate. Then the idea was if you did not have a matched set was to install front vs back on opposite corners. In my case the fronts were both positive and the rears were one of each. It sat level after the install but now the front corner is dropping. Not sure if I should swap the rears left to right or the front. I have never liked the stance. Too much rake so maybe take a leaf out of the rear set and see what happens. In any case what a pain in the backside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom