GMC Yukon Air Conditioner SUCKS! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 95 GMC Yukon that I just recharged the A/C in and it blows COLD (like 48ish degrees or so), but even on high it seems like it has almost NO air flow.

I can hear the fan blowing-and its loud like its on high, but very little air comes out....doesn't cool that size vehicle with 110 degree days.:mad: It sucks.... In fact, it feels better to do windows.:mad:

When it is switched to anything below the 2nd highest fan setting it might as well not be on.

I know this is tech but there is no "95 Yukon series tech" on this site.

Besides, I use it to tow my FJ40 so come on and help me out with my truck please!

If I remember correcty there is a vacuum operated door that souds like it is not opening. Call GM dealer and speak with master tech.

Shane

baldboy said:
I have a 95 GMC Yukon that I just recharged the A/C in and it blows COLD (like 48ish degrees or so), but even on high it seems like it has almost NO air flow.

I can hear the fan blowing-and its loud like its on high, but very little air comes out....doesn't cool that size vehicle with 110 degree days.:mad: It sucks.... In fact, it feels better to do windows.:mad:

When it is switched to anything below the 2nd highest fan setting it might as well not be on.

I know this is tech but there is no "95 Yukon series tech" on this site.

Besides, I use it to tow my FJ40 so come on and help me out with my truck please!

Not saying this is the issue, but "48ish" is not very cold for a properly operating A/C system, and definitely not cold enough to keep a large vehicle cool on 100+ days. I would expect at least low forties, if not in the thirties.

Curtis

Something is wrong. While GM quality is questionable, when functioning properly their climate systems are top-notch. I have never been in a GM car or truck that the A/C wasn't outragously cold.

cary said:
Something is wrong. While GM quality is questionable, when functioning properly their climate systems are top-notch. I have never been in a GM car or truck that the A/C wasn't outragously cold.

X2. Plus, the truck is eleven years old. Hell, the A/C on my 96 80 is struggling right now as well. :frown:

I have a 98 Yukon and the AC works just fine. Sounds like you may have a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom