Glitchy electronics - 2014 Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

Over the past few months we've noticed random glitches with the electronics in the LC, but lately it seems to be worse/more often. Today, the airbag warning light was on the dash, but went away after restarting. A few days ago, I was driving but realized most the electronics in the car were powered off, almost like the car wasn't on. The audio system had no option to connect to BT recently.. The "connect" or whatever it says wasn't even there. My wife seems to think the headlights are flickering, but I have not noticed that. I'm sure there have been other things here and there, but I can't recall right now.. I believe something recently updated in the car as the back up camera looks different and there are new "sounds" while backing up.. It's my wifes primarily so I don't drive as much. Has anyone experienced anything similar? Thanks

Pull the interior kick panels and door sills and look for any signs of water.

Second that notion.
LX 570, plugged sunroof drains dumping water on to passenger kick panel electrical connectors a while ago. A variety of electrical malfunctions notified me to this problem. A wonderful design ;)

Water gets in from leaking windshields, cowls, and sunroof drains. It settles in the door sill wire looms and drips on electrical connectors under the dash and A pillars. Use Google to search Mud for threads on water damage, water intrusion and water leaks. Fix the leak and clean/dry corroded connectors. That’s likely the problem.

The other thing worth doing is testing the battery and making sure the terminals are clean and tight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom