Gauging interest in a new tailgate cover (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is this still a go? I am definitely interested in one!

Sorry guys- got caught up in rehab and now some new systems. So far the options are Line-X covered 1/4" baltic birch panel, and a richlite option. We'd need enough interested in the richlite option to fill at least a sheet. The foam covered option is a big maybe, due to the aforementioned doubt of it's durability. I'll get final prices for you guys this week and we'll get this going!

I am beta testing a Linex version for David - two heavy use trips and several months of normal use... Its been perfect so far... mud, standing on it, chopping on it with a knife. I have to kneel and stand on it everytime I deploy the roof tent and put it away.

I'm in for a soft tailgate cover! The dogs scramble in and out on the gate, so it has to be easy on their paws, easy to clean, and durable.

x2. The soft cover would likely work better for those of us who use the tailgate as a dog step and changing table.

I'd be in for R50 assuming it matches/compliments a tan interior. Simple flat surface, no grooves.

Of the three options, the LineX is the one that appeals to me most - the durability is a big deal to me. When camping, I use the tailgate a good bit to sit on, prepare food, etc so something that won't stain and is easy to keep clean is ideal to me. My interior is gray so black or dark gray are best for me, but depending on what most people want, I can be flexible.

Same as crimsonaudio...LineX, 1st color choice gray, 2nd black, flat surface with no grooves or cutouts.

Quick questions... I'm trying to decide on the color. How does the R50 and the Line-X tan go with the LC tan interior?

Is this the Line-x tan? https://static1.squarespace.com/sta...1/Outdoorx4+(14+of+20)-1-1.2.jpg?format=1000w

If so that looks great!

Thanks for putting this together!

Yes, that's the standard tan. The R50 is a darker brown- it's what is in the pic in the first post. It will go fine, but not match-matchy.

I'd be in for R50 assuming it matches/compliments a tan interior. Simple flat surface, no grooves.

Roger. See above. It will go fine, but definitely won't "match".

Of the three options, the LineX is the one that appeals to me most - the durability is a big deal to me. When camping, I use the tailgate a good bit to sit on, prepare food, etc so something that won't stain and is easy to keep clean is ideal to me. My interior is gray so black or dark gray are best for me, but depending on what most people want, I can be flexible.

Richlite is the easiest to clean and is very tough. LINE-X is also super tough, and perhaps less likely to stain. I'll put you down for LINE-X for now...?

Same as crimsonaudio...LineX, 1st color choice gray, 2nd black, flat surface with no grooves or cutouts.

10-4

Yah, LineX for now, but if the Richlite is actually easier to clean and is tough, then I'm open to it as well. I don't know much about it, so I'll defer to those who do.

Yah, LineX for now, but if the Richlite is actually easier to clean and is tough, then I'm open to it as well. I don't know much about it, so I'll defer to those who do.
Richlite is only slightly easier to clean because the LINE-X has texture. As I said, the Richlite is bomber. The only problem is that it can stain. Not easily, but some things will stain it. You can prevent most stains by keeping it waxed every once in a while, or you can even use finish on it. It's the exact same stuff high end cutting boards and pizza boards are made from, like Epicurean. I'd say go for Richlite if you are going to use the tailgate for food prep directly, otherwise the LINE-X will be a better color match- unless you already have a Trekboxx system, then the R50 will match the system's work surface.

I should also mention that the Richlite is sandable. If it gets scratched up over the years you can take a sander to it and it will be good as new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom