Gamiviti roof rack. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here are some photos of my new Gamiviti rack. This thing is a beast: very strong. I can’t say enough good stuff about both the rack and Tim, the owner. I tend to like products that are low-profile and focus more on strength and build quality than aesthetics, and this rack is one of those products.

I spent a career as a federal game warden. Our trucks were upfitted with typical LE gear like lights, sirens, gun racks, etc. and the hardware to mount it all. All of this stuff was made of high-quality steel and WAY overbuilt, made by long-standing companies like Big Sky Racks, Gamber-Johnson and others. Point being, the thick steel used on our gun racks and laptop mounts seems to be identical to the rack and hardware used by Gamiviti.

One strange (and good) thing is that a combination of the Gamiviti fairing and the fact that my roof box actually rides a bit lower now than it did with the factory rack means slightly better MPG. Yeah, I know: no one buys a 200 LC for gas mileage, but I’ll take it if it’s there.

I had it installed Jan 9 and have been running around CO, WY, UT, NV and NM since then. It has yet to move, squeak, make any whistling sounds, or do anything other than stay quietly anchored to the roof and hold my roof box o’ crap securely.

VERY happy with it.

OT: I also bought one of Tim’s dash mounts, but I need to get some RAM mount items before I install it.
IMG_3191.jpeg
IMG_3235.jpeg

IMG_3192.jpeg

IMG_3193.jpeg

My go to rack for a 200 series was going to be the Rhino Rack. Loved it on my GX. Bought a 200, though, with a Gamiviti already installed and am having the same positive experience you are with it. Tim’s customer service is great, as well. Solid product.

IMG_5926.jpeg

I just installed an Expo rack on my 200 series. I liked the traditional aesthetics, low profile and solid construction. I couldn’t be happier with the product, the experience and especially the patience and support from Tim the company owner.

@nakman has a whole thread on his stuff, but yeah his racks are great and super versatile. Worth every penny if you're the kind of person who actually uses their accessories. I'm pretty sure I bought the first production rack he made for the 200 back in ~2016, and he tweaked the design for my specific needs (like putting the light bar tabs forward). He's always making small changes to the design to improve it (shark fin antenna cut out, tapering the bars on the side to match the roof line, etc) and coming up with cool mount options for accessories. And when I had a mount crack on me in Moab (because I'd tweaked the mount during installation but hadn't realized it) he told me to come by his house on my way home to Chicago and then he offered a beer and helped me swap two of the feet in his garage.

My rack has rear camp lights, front light bar (in front of the fairing), shovel mounted w/ quickfists, folding kayak racks, maxtrax mounted with keyak lashing straps, and a 5 gal rotopax on a homemade mount. Without kayaks on top I could fit 3 more similarly sized accessories (to the maxtrax/rotopax), and will likely purchase some mounts for the passenger's side gussets this summer so I can mount a 270 awning if I do another desert trip.
1706882182285.png

@RandyDaytona thanks so much for posting up! and so glad the trip went well and you're happy with everything. also thank you and thanks to the other guys for posting up, really appreciate the feedback on the experience as well, that means a lot you guys made my day. 🥰

Geoff you are correct yours was the first- and yeah we've dialed in a few things since then, so awesome to see how well you've used yours going on 8 years now... hopefully our paths cross again this summer. Love the Imogene pic btw, this one's on the other side of the hill...
IMG_7035.jpg

I have some new stuff in the works for the 200 I'll post that up to the "other Gamiviti thread" once complete, if anyone has questions about racks or anything else please don't hesitate to PM or email, thanks again. :cheers:

@RandyDaytona thanks so much for posting up! and so glad the trip went well and you're happy with everything. also thank you and thanks to the other guys for posting up, really appreciate the feedback on the experience as well, that means a lot you guys made my day. 🥰

Geoff you are correct yours was the first- and yeah we've dialed in a few things since then, so awesome to see how well you've used yours going on 8 years now... hopefully our paths cross again this summer. Love the Imogene pic btw, this one's on the other side of the hill...
View attachment 3548357

I have some new stuff in the works for the 200 I'll post that up to the "other Gamiviti thread" once complete, if anyone has questions about racks or anything else please don't hesitate to PM or email, thanks again. :cheers:
Yeah definitely hope we get to cross paths again, man. I'll be at the LCDC this July, likely leading a couple trails. Might do another backcountry UT/CO trip in May or early June if I don't do Cruise Moab and I'm always looking for a few interested folks, so if you're up for a few days with tents exploring the San Rafael Swell or something let me know

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom