Builds FZJ80 + Taco 6 speed + Orion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just got the beast inspected and it's good to go. The drivetrain combo is working very well. On road the engine has plenty of go to comfortably pull the the truck on 37"ers up any hill w/o dropping speed, and since the 6 speed is close ratio, it always seems to have the right gear ratio. Off road with the 4-1 it is the same situation, the right gear is always available. Drop it in 1st and let the clutch out, no gas, just smooth slow forward progress w/o any stalling. It also has a nice dose of old school FJ40 noise to enjoy, burbly inline 6 exhaust, some gear hum from the case, and the snick click gear shifts from the trans (eliminated the rubber isolated shift stalk).

Oh yeah, it's forsale.....

Did you do anything with the ECU to prevent throwing codes once you removed the TCU?

-Phil

SO if someone wanted to do a repeat of this do you have cnc paterns we could buy? or could your friends make a spare set? I am definitely interested in this especially for the Orions sake.

I guess that being said can I bring this thread alive and ask how it is running?

Sorry to hear that.

The torch has been passed.

I don't recall which thread it was, so excuse of not this one, but, at some point in time you picked up an HZ bell, exploring the matrimony of FZ/H55F.

Have you passed the torch on this matchmaking?

Would you act as a pimp to consummate the relationship, for vast amounts of money?

Would it matter if I volunteered an FZ/H15X bell to the mix?

I'll delete shortly, hopefully after any reply.

Edited: any conversation regarding would be appreciated.....and we can call it even for negating my aboveboard purchase of this very vehicle, many moons ago. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom