Builds FZJ80 + Taco 6 speed + Orion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dude...I'm only 16! :flipoff2:

Sounds good..and I might even be able to sacrifice all that minus tranny from the fj60 my uncle has.

dude...i was ur age when i caught the disease....now im 19 and got it worse then ever...i started with 1, now well....they have taken over my yard. just go with it. there's no turning back!

Hahaha, Logan, how old are you now, 19? :lol: This thread has taken WAY too long :D

Cable shift conversion for 2/4WD on the Orion.

cableshift1.jpg

cableshift2.jpg

A picture of the cable for the H/N/L range is somewhere in the last page or so.

Again, these are shift cables and modified brackets from a Suzuki King Quad produced 1987 to about 2001. These items are all over ebay.

What did you do to solve the clutch pedal issue? Have any pics?
Thanks

It's alive and driving....Took it for a good rip down the road today to help get the rings to seat, the only way to really do it well is with some decent cylinder pressures, and we all know how to get those.

Some thoughts...

The exhaust sounds sweet, but is WAAAAYYYYYY to loud under throttle.

The clutch works w/o issue, effort is very light though, too light IMO... so it lacks a bit of feel. A pressure plate with some serious clamp could be placed in there and have normal effort.

Everything in the driveline seems to be working well, no bad vibes or noises.

Low range crawl ratio is 81.4:1..... perfect for what I do. Can't wait ot take it wheeling....

Very nice work indeed, especially on that flywheel! I love the exhaust exiting on the side and the finish on the rocker cover...might have a crack at that myself. :D
Looking forward to some more pics or vids....once you've wheeled it of course!

It's alive and driving....Took it for a good rip down the road today to help get the rings to seat, the only way to really do it well is with some decent cylinder pressures, and we all know how to get those.

Some thoughts...

The exhaust sounds sweet, but is WAAAAYYYYYY to loud under throttle.

The clutch works w/o issue, effort is very light though, too light IMO... so it lacks a bit of feel. A pressure plate with some serious clamp could be placed in there and have normal effort.

Everything in the driveline seems to be working well, no bad vibes or noises.

Low range crawl ratio is 81.4:1..... perfect for what I do. Can't wait ot take it wheeling....

:clap:

video? sound clip?

yea i want to see some photos of the completed rig!, and more importantly on the Trail! been following this thread for WAY too long ;)

Glad its up and running! and if you sell the Corrado, you call me first! lol

Power feels good when not experiencing the part throttle bog.... It has no problem pulling quickly to redline. The real problem lies in my perspective... my other daily driven vehicles have 310 and 380hp (soon to be 504:D) with stockish sized tires... comparing them to something making mid 200's for hp and driving 37/13.5R17 tires on steelies makes it feel slow. I'll probably be putting some 31" tires back on for inspection next month, if the throttle issue gets cleared up it might give me a little better idea of the gains.

I am glad i picked up on this thread rececently. i can fast forward through the slow parts and nearly get to the end of the build! its like Tivo!!

This by far, is one of the best builds on ih8mud!! I agree with everyone else that we need to see some updated pics and would love to hear what it sounds like when you upload the video!! :cheers:

Hi Brian,

I'm glad to read that you finally got this running and driveable. Please give us some more updated pictures of the engine, interior with shifter, foot pedals, and front end, etc.

Good Job!

He's been very vague. Have you wheeled it yet? Throttle bog?

Sorry guys, life happens... I'll get some pics up asap. I did take it out for some minor wheeling, the Orion low range is great. The engine does have a throttle tip in bog on occasion, but it seems to have diminished a bit, which leads me to believe it has to do with something electrical. With the 31"s and 4.88 gears it will give the tires a bit more than good chirp when banging second gear.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom