FSM for 200 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have an older tablet running Android 8 which I'm not using and decided to see if I could get the FSM to run on it. Short answer: Yes and it's pretty much just like browsing the TIS website live.

Doing so requires sideloading an older Apache webserver APK and of course copying the FSM files over from the ISO. I stripped my folder down to only 200-series docs and removed the PDF versions because I only had a 32GB SD card available. Total size is <20GB. There are a few index.jsp files that need to be modified because the website code looks for some files on disk in a folder called /t3Portal but unless you root/jailbreak the tablet (I didn't) you can't create a link from /t3Portal to /sdcard/www/public/t3Portal. Easy fix, especially if you only need one model year.

Wiring diagrams, PDF wiring diagrams, and some other basic stuff I tried all seems to work. I think this would be better on a screen that's higher than 1280x800 resolution, but it does function on the lower resolution screen. I'm going to test some more and will write up what I did if anyone else wants to do the same, particularly to carry in the truck on a trail where cell service might be unavailable? If I could make the install and setup automated (as its own Android package) I might consider buying a lot of used tablets off ebay, throwing the FSM on them, and offering them up cheap just to recoup the cost of the tablet and shipping. Then again if I can figure out how to turn the FSM into an Android package I may be able to create something you can just download and click to install...

View attachment 3548402
if this could be combined with a tablet working techstream it would be so amazing! But still plenty amazing on it's own.

Confirmed I'm seeding at least. If you don't see it, make sure your firewall is allowing inbound connections correctly.
View attachment 3548399
Thanks. It looked like Transmission found you, while Vuze which I use more often for these could not. I use Transmission on my Linux laptop, less features but also lighter. Thank you very much for providing this!

if this could be combined with a tablet working techstream it would be so amazing! But still plenty amazing on it's own.
I imagine you could easily convert the USB techstream cable to microusb to plug into a tablet. The tablet might need a special driver, and I've only ever seen Techstream for Windows desktops never anything for Android but it could be possible I suppose. Probably a project all by itself.

Thanks. It looked like Transmission found you, while Vuze which I use more often for these could not. I use Transmission on my Linux laptop, less features but also lighter. Thank you very much for providing this!
Cool, glad it worked.

If anyone is interested in the tabletized (tableted? tablet-installed?) version of the FSM, let me know. I'm planning to be a Cruise Moab and could be swayed to set up a bunch of used tablets with this image and bring them. It would likely just be the 200-series website and would not include the PDFs as space quickly becomes an issue on a 16GB tablet, but I can see what can be done if there's an interest in 80 or 100-series docs as well. I'm guessing it would be somewhere $50-100 depending on what I can find in bulk on ebay.

I guess I'm old and dumb. I can not figure this stuff out to get the manual. Is anyone local to the Atlanta area who has done this?
Thanks,

Does anyone know where I can find a collection of FSM files in PDF for 2008 Land Cruiser? I need it for a JDM version of the same vehicle as the US model (Just the engine is different 4.7 2UZ-FE V8 vs 5.7 3UR-FE V8 and the steering wheel is on the right side). 5.7 3UR-FE V8 was not used in Japan for 200 series and they introduced 4.6 1UR-FE V8 in 2009 until 2021.

Last edited:
Can anyone who has this torrent please seed? I've been sitting at 70% for a day with noone to download from. Maybe @linuxgod?
I’m always seeding. If you’re not able to download it could be your firewall blocking torrent connections.

It must have heard me typing about the FSM. As soon as I posted the download speed shot through the roof and I was able to download. Thanks so much for putting it all together.

Now I get to figure out how to get to that quarter panel...

Any chance anyone is willing/able to seed that torrent?
Make sure your firewall is allowing torrents. I'm seeding and someone is downloading...

1711302930289.png

1711302952092.png

Make sure your firewall is allowing torrents. I'm seeding and someone is downloading...

View attachment 3590054
View attachment 3590055
I should be clear on my end. My client shows me oscillating between 0 and 16kB/s though, strange. Will continue troubleshooting on my end

Edit: Toggled a couple settings and I'm at least up to 700kB/s, so looks like patience will be the name of the game... fun remembering the days of torrenting Pirates of the Caribbean and getting it on my iPod Video. Thank you for the assist @linuxgod

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom