Front Speakers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great thread here! Okay so you have convinced me to upgrade my door speakers.... looking at the Infinity Reference 6032si due to the very low price. I replaced my head unit a few years back but still have the factory amp. No NAV with my 98 LC. Any recommendations on a "good lower cost digital 5 way amp" since a number of you know way more than me about stereo systems!

Great thread here! Okay so you have convinced me to upgrade my door speakers.... looking at the Infinity Reference 6032si due to the very low price. I replaced my head unit a few years back but still have the factory amp. No NAV with my 98 LC. Any recommendations on a "good lower cost digital 5 way amp" since a number of you know way more than me about stereo systems!

i went with this.

Infinity - Car Audio

Just an FYI...
I called Crutchfield and they said of the two speaker options I mentioned in post #57, only the shallow mount speakers would fit in both the front and rear doors. Their website also states this when you input the vehicle year/make/model.

2003TLC said:
Just an FYI...
I called Crutchfield and they said of the two speaker options I mentioned in post #57, only the shallow mount speakers would fit in both the front and rear doors. Their website also states this when you input the vehicle year/make/model.

That's true if you remove the old speakers and slip in new.... The trick install is to take the old out and separate it's front ring by cutting the basket apart. Take the now separated ring and mount it back in place. You now have a spacer. Mount the new speaker over the newly created spacer.

Sent from my iPad 2 using IH8MUD

I purchases the kit from simplyspeakers.com and took the foam to best buy. The guy charged me 20 bucks each, plus the cost of the foam which was about 10 bucks each. I just refoamed my sub as well. They were all the same size refoaming kits.

Just finished installing Infinity Reference 6032si in all four doors, and the difference is quite noticeable. The mids and highs are so much clearer and crisp. While the bass isn't as deep as the stock JBLs, it is punchy and from what I've read, will continue to improve as the speakers wear. Very good first impressions.
FYI, the Infinitys screwed right into the stock mounts; no need to drill new holes. Took all of 45 minutes.

I just replaced my fronts with Polk's from Amazon. Actually, Car Toys did it for me... too many projects, too little time..

Anyway, the front right was the one that sounded blown but the front left was completely rotted.. After some discussion we decided to also replace the rear doors at the same time. They were also pretty cooked.

I guess my advise would be, if your fronts need replacing, most likely the rears are in the same boat.

Also, I ended up going with the Sony XAV-62BT. No NAV. But the Bluetooth is awesome, and Blue streaming Pandora from my Iphone works great. Price at Car Toys was 299.99, Amazon had it for 279.00. Kids like the DVD feature.

It was spendy install as I added the HAM/CB/constant from battery to rear outlet for the fridge and wiring the new bumper fogs and turn signals..

But it is all done and sounds great!

If anyone cares the JL C5-650 fits in the front door and the JL C2-650x fits in the rear doors

The front driver door speaker in our 2001 lx470 is blown, now i am getting rid of it soon so don't really want to drop 200 bucks on replacing the speakers. Will the "glue gun fix" work to stop the blown speaker noise? I just don't think i can handle it for 4 more months.

The front driver door speaker in our 2001 lx470 is blown, now i am getting rid of it soon so don't really want to drop 200 bucks on replacing the speakers. Will the "glue gun fix" work to stop the blown speaker noise? I just don't think i can handle it for 4 more months.

PM Lexi4Darin He has some of the speakers he took out of his LX.

I also just installed the Infinity 6032si in a 2004, front and rear doors. They do not install into the stock mounts -- must be a change from earlier TLCs. I just attached them to the speaker ring bracket that comes with them, soldered the speaker wires to the terminals, and attached them to the door with self-tapping screws. They do sound very good.

This is the set up I am trying

maxdog that is a FANTASTIC little subwoofer. It is fairly compact, and makes a tremendous amount of solid bass for its tiny 8 inch size. I know this because I recently put one of these in the trunk of a BMW 7 Series and ran it for a while exclusively by splicing into one of the awful factory sub lines. Technically it is a 2ohm subwoofer and the car speakers were 8ohms, so I was worried it was going to blow the amp. Eventually I bought a 100w 2ohm stable Kicker OEM amplifier with signal sensing turn on for about 40 bucks and it sounds fantastic.

Personally, I think the Nakamichi sound system is excellent in comparison with the garbage Mark Levinson stuff (this applies to both the LS400 vs LS430 and the older LXs versus the newer ones) which almost ALWAYS dry rots and has to be replaced. I'm looking forward to getting that Polk DXi 108 installed the LX if I end up keeping it, as bass is the only thing this system really genuinely lacks.

Speakers

I Installed 6.6 Punch for my front speakers in my 03. I also found a small amp that fits perfectly in the stock space behind the rear panel. It's Kicker Amp and it works great.

For not being able to understand any form of wiring, this thread is very informative.

Shane

I Installed 6.6 Punch for my front speakers in my 03. I also found a small amp that fits perfectly in the stock space behind the rear panel. It's Kicker Amp and it works great.

Can you elaborate on this? Did you replace the stock subwoofer and add an amp? Which Subwoofer did you add and the amp to the sub alone? Does your 03 have the factory navigation?

so a previous owner of my rig had installed 4ohm speakers in the front doors and looks like a jbl adapter or something was used, as i could plug my new 2ohm infinity speakers in without any problem. as far as i can tell, no soldering was done.

now the rears have the original jbl 2.3 ohm speakers. jbl must use some proprietary attachments- the positive and negative connector look unique to the jbl speaker.

is there an adapter i can buy to allow installation of the infinity rears?

i don't have a solder gun, and don't wanna splice/tape....

anyone get what i'm talking about?

i will probably just call a stereo shop tomorrow and see.....

cardy
2002 100

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom