Frame horns cut, will this be a problem for aftermarket bumper? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The previous owner cut these bumper mounts (which I think are called frame horns?). I was planning to get an aftermarket bumper at some point because this custom bumper that was on it when I bought it doesn’t tick all the boxes for me.

Will this cut cause problems with installation? I’ve been very interested in both a Trail Tailor bumper, and a Trail Gear Rock Defense.

Can anyone help advise me on this? Thanks in advance.
6BAB7F04-5268-4333-A3BD-A2D50EDE28C3.jpeg
A7BC3B14-E07B-4BB7-9CE2-1C1C1A29DD0A.jpeg

I think the Dissent Extreme Clearance bumper requires a cut like that, so you may be in good shape.

It says: "Requires cutting the frame at an angle from roughly 2" back on the bottom"

I’m realizing that:

1. Those are probably not called frame horns.

2. The Trail Gear bumper uses the two nuts on top and the two nuts below to attach their bumper. On mine, one of the lower nuts on each side is missing.

My current idea is to get, and mount a bumper anyway, and if needed, drill an extra bolt hole on the side of the where the bumper attaches to add a bolt from the side to supplement the 3 bolt holes that I still have intact.

Does this plan seem dumb to anyone?

Thanks guys.

Send it

Which bumper are you looking at to replace it with? At first glance it looks like the welded nuts are there to attach to.
I was hoping to go with a Trail Gear Rock Defense for two reasons:

1. Cost
2. I need a rear bumper as well and I would like both to match. Their rear bumper fits the bill. I’ll be mounting the spare tire vertically inside the vehicle.
3. Cost

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom