Fossil Springs Cleanup Sept 15, 2007 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.tontorecreationalliance.org
This date was chosen because Toyota Trail Team will be here to support our cleanup!:cool: This is a way scenic area with good camping areas. Centrally located for the northern half of the state, easy access from the valley, Prescott, Sedona, Flag, etc. Normal cleanup, with free raffle and TTT swag and I propose that we do lunch like the 101 day.

This is an everybody invited, welcome event, with good graded forest road access to the site.

More details on supporting vendors, meet places, etc coming soon.

Vendors donating swag for the raffle, please try to support the vendors who support us!:cheers:

Kurt @ Cruiser Outfitters
Kenny @ Quickie Tie Down
Dan @ American Toyota

Last edited:
Moved from last years thread.

I was just there two weeks ago swimming. We did not go all the way to where fossil creek crosses the road. We stoped and hiked down to the river and then up swimming in different water holes. I remember seeing big stuff like water coolers and chairs. There was also an axle down there.

Sean

More details on where this "stuff" is, I would like to make sure that we remove it.

Good to see the Trail teams want to get involved in a cleanup!

Good PR for them for sure.

I'm trying to get in touch with Cat Sampson from the Forrest Service to get a dumpster out there for us. Along with some logistics on areas needing special attention.

Last edited:
I will be there. I'll have to check on how many I can rustle up to help and post up later.

Participants list to be updated regularly:

Green is a GO
RED is a NO GO
Blue is a MAYBE

BMAN
OFFROADER5
Tools-R-Us
Codyrx7
Swowie

Spike
Whipp

LandcruiserPhil +2
RKroelin
DesertDude + DG
Fj40LVR
JO MAOMA
Offroad Rage +1

Inkpot
Brian MacGyver +1

Last edited:
Maybe. I want to, have to decide what to do with my young-'un. Wife's working that day.

-Spike

Good to see the Trail teams want to get involved in a cleanup!

Good PR for them for sure.

I'm trying to get in touch with Cat Sampson from the Forrest Service to get a dumpster out there for us. Along with some logistics on areas needing special attention.
Howdy! I will get my schedule confirmed by the end of the week. Should be no problem to go up, maybe do two nights again. Ya'll might want to bring gloves and some of those long handled grabber thingamabobs. They work great for getting junk out of the brush. Is the club furnishing lunch and garbage bags?? JOhn

Have fun. Pick up some trash for me.
I'll be hanging in the back yard with about 10 little girls and a princess jumping castle. It's Zoe's 5th birthday party that day.

Me and T are both in. At least one night of camping, maybe two. :beer:

Talked to Maureen this morning, they are going to camp and want to do a trail run on the way out on Sunday. They will also host lunch on Sunday.:cool: I'm thinking something moderately difficult ~3 and relatively short so we can be done by ~2PM?

Not sure of local trails up there but there's plenty of scenery. I'll take a look at the Topo's and see if I can't come up with a nice long scenic easy route, or a short moderate one.

I just rec'd an email from Cat Sampson stating that there are some vehicles in the area that need to be removed. I'm not sure that we will be able to handle this on short notice but if there's a car trailer in the club and someone willing to haul it we could deffinately put it to use.

Me and the boy are in - as well as Tim is a definate maybe to haul out the derelict cars with a 35' gooseneck trailer, will we be able to get that bit of a rig in there?

I have a 20" dual axel trailer but it is very low clearance. Can it get in and out on the roads? I haven't been up there for 2 years so I don't know what the conditions are.

I'm in. I only have a 6.5' x 10' Utility trailer - would it be of any use?

IMG_0370.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom