floorboard covering (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 75 FJ40 with a chevy conversion done by previous owner. It was not a finsishsed product when I got it and there is all weather heavy duty carpeting. The problem is that under that are opening directly through the floorboards for the 4 speed and 4x4 shifters. What is the best way to cover those so I am not getting the engine smells and noise, water etc.? Looking for the most cost effective way until I can get the floor tub re-done. The openings are about 8 inches by 4 inches.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Last edited:
floorboard

Here is what I am trying to cover with doing major work right not. There were a few boots from summit that might work........
001.jpg

it looks like when the conversion was done, and the levers moved, the PO hacked the original holes into giant holes. my PO had done the same thing and then riveted some sheet metal over the holes. That is not enough to keep fumes out, I can tell you that. I guess using some sealant with a sheet metal patch would be a cheap way to do it. I had my welding buddy weld new metal in the holes.

my tranny cover was/is similarly hacked up from the 4spd conversion some PO did

Did it look like those holes? I am debating whether or not to just get a generic boot and cover the holes. Sheet metal will restrict the shifting i think.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom