FJ60 TBI Fuel Injection (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CheyenneTrucker said:
How is your TBI adapter ,I'am doing the AFI conversion now and their adapter has issues, grind this mill that,does your adapter make the TBI connection clear the valve cover.

Which connector. The AIC is close but it fits. The 3 I have installed with the new adapter haven't had any issues. I actually really like the adapter plate.

I think he must be talking about the plate between the adapter and the actual TBI the one I got from them was a large L shaped piece that would have hit the valve cover if left un checked but I cut off the parts I didn't need and welded the throttle cable bracket to it. I actually used a older Downey below that….I know useless without pictures I'm on it.

Not the best picture but it shows how much room I had with the downey adapter.
IMG_1761.jpg

I have Downey's kit but I don't like the throttle linkage setup. Are you selling parts separate to make it work?

Yes the Downey cable bracket wasn't the best. I never liked how it set up. The TBI intake adapter on the other hand was a really nice piece I wish I could still get those.

The new adapter sits further down on the manifold. The IAC wires are close to the valve cover. The couple times I've used the new adapter I haven't had a clearance issue.

As far as using my throttle cable adapters for the Downey adapter I don't know if it will fit. I could always make one up for you though since the motor I have in my cruiser is out of an 86 and has a Downey adapter. That TB is one of the newer ones that has the cams instead of the throttle levers.

Troll, I would like a different throttle linkage! I used the bracket off a webber and welded it to the adapter plate BUT the cable has 2 turns in it and sticks. If you are infact going to make something like in the BG2F picture let me know. t2m

Question

You still coming by Saturday, I can now tell you that I will be there for sure, no work this Saturday. YEAH!!!! I might be putting in the new plugs when you arrive. :)

Any update on a price for the kit? Have had the carb for a couple of months and if this has the same quality I am very interested!

Mileage has increased but I found an error in my calculations so I'm not going to tell you the number till I can check it(on a measured distance dang that oversize tire ratio ****) again and this time not make that same stupid mistake. But it is higher than the 8 miles per gallon I was getting with the webber. :)

After three months I finally got around to checking the mileage, as I have 35's and the speedo is totally off on miles or miles per hour I went both ways on I-95 over a measure mileage. Re filled the tank at the same spot I left from(right at the exit) and calculated the mileage. I held 65 mph via my gps (speedo was somewhere around 58) in both directions and had a mileage of 15.8 mpg on the flat run. AS I was getting 8 on a good day with the Webber I am still happy as can be with the system. Sorry about being so long in update but my work life is strange to say the least. I to have the DUI dissy but I don't think Marshall converted it over, so who knows about that he would have to chime in on how he did it. TA TA for now.

Troll sorry for the off topic question but is there any reason why I couldn't grab a TBI with the cam levers and replace just that part on my truck? Assuming I would use my injectors etc. I'm going to hit the junk yard Monday and may just grab one and start cleaning it up in case it would work.

tat2matt said:
Troll sorry for the off topic question but is there any reason why I couldn't grab a TBI with the cam levers and replace just that part on my truck? Assuming I would use my injectors etc. I'm going to hit the junk yard Monday and may just grab one and start cleaning it up in case it would work.

Sure. Just make sure the throttle position sensor has the same connector. Otherwise you will need to adapt it.

Setteling In

I don't know if it's important or not but the more I drive the thing the better it's getting, took a road trip up to the Stock Car Races in Florence and did some highway miles after the sound deading and insulation. This fuel injection has completly change the nature of the beast, it now starts right up, runs smooth, has sufficent power(heck I was running 80 on I-95 and passing semi's like they were sitting still) the only problem left for Troll to figure out is the intermittent ck engine light and what ever he has decided on fuel mapping. The cpu had a learning curve and so did I. If you drive like a little old lady with my gearing the cpu is not happy and will do some strange things, but if you drive like a mad man it loves it. Still getting mid 15's mpg on the highway, and grinning like stated madman. Can;t say enough good things about this mod. Just waiting now for Troll to get back with me on the check engine signal light issue. :D

That's awesome! I'm still breaking in my new engine so I haven't achieved mad man status yet but I love the Mod I just wish I had waited for Troll. I just did my first full fuel/milage check and got 16.68 over 42 gallons with mixed driving.
I too have random intermitten check engine light issues and will have affordable check my win files and perhaps burn a new chip.

What's the latest Marshall. Wanting to get rid of my 'pane and get back on gas. Was thinking about pulling the trigger from AFI, but hoping you'll have an option so I can help support your venture.

:beer: Ramon

Prototype update

I found a small tear in one of the vacume plugs at the base of the adapter for the throttle body. Replaced it and that intermittent ck engine light has severly dropped off, to tell the truth I thought it was compleatly gone but it still (now fairly rarely)comes on, I am suppose to get it back up to Marshall in the next couple of weeks for another mod. He can then pull the codes and do some adjustment but overall this is one of the best things I have ever in 20 years of curisers had done to the old six. It does not cease to amaze me; gotta love it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom