FJ60 SLOPPY WIPERS (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My FJ60 wipers go past the A-piller and flop everytime. Did anyone make the clips to fix the wiper linkage. Toyota does not carry a new wiper linakge anymore. I checked all older posts and the man who made the clips does not have access to the machine shop. Can someone please help !!

Until you find a fix for the wipers, use this stuff:
Wipers are no longer really needed in the rain when this is applied to the windshield. Seriously.

rain-x.jpg

Mine does it too. Intermittently though. I'd be interested as to what you find out.

There is nothing that can replace wipers....at least here in WA state where we get real rain.

It's something in the wiper linkage, a bushing, I believe. NLA and requires either replacing the entire linkage with a better unit off a parts vehicle, or a custom solution.
There was a guy that posted his fix and had intentions of producing a version for sale, but he stopped updating. It could also be slipping on the wiper posts. I would check that first.
I also have this issue, to the point that it isn't driveable inn the rain. I hope someone can point is in the direction of an easy fix.

My FJ60 wipers go past the A-piller and flop everytime. Did anyone make the clips to fix the wiper linkage. Toyota does not carry a new wiper linakge anymore. I checked all older posts and the man who made the clips does not have access to the machine shop. Can someone please help !!

Who said Toyota does not make the wiper linkage?

85160-90A07 is the part number and is alive and well.

I have one in stock.

Beno, is that the complete assembly, from the motor to the wiper arm?

I got the linkage a few years back and it's basically everything but the motor and arms. It's a nice piece and easy install. Glad to hear it's still out there.

Awesome! I'll be giving you a call next week Beno.

And be careful with rain x, it can create blinding white streaks at night that obscure your vision way more than any benefit of the rain running off. Not stuff to put on your windshield if you plan to use your wipers at night in real rain...

And it's not 'cause I didn't follow the instructions to the letter- I did, and the stuff, while it definitely sheds water nicely, is actually dangerous (IMO) at night.

The motor is a separate part, the linkage is a separate part and the arms are separate.

Are all the separate parts available?

Hmmm. Interesting info about rainx. I've used it off and on for decades and haven't noticed any streaks or anything. Vision was better even in dry weather, as the bug splatter would just wipe off with the wipers.. Bug goo didn't stick. Once applied is does need to be applied every so often so the blades don't stutter over the glass. I have not used it in a few years... maybe the formula changed or something.

Hmmm. Interesting info about rainx. I've used it off and on for decades and haven't noticed any streaks or anything. Vision was better even in dry weather, as the bug splatter would just wipe off with the wipers.. Bug goo didn't stick. Once applied is does need to be applied every so often so the blades don't stutter over the glass. I have not used it in a few years... maybe the formula changed or something.

RainX is a great product but I don't like it on the front windshield because of the sticky build up issue on the wipers.

RainX is awesome on the side windows and rear view mirrors.

I have a similar problem, my wipers weren't working, but I could hear the motor turning. I opened up the access hatches to find that the arm from the motor came off of the wiper post. It looks like it attaches with some type of plastic bushing, which I can't find anyone selling. I don't want to shell out $250-300 for a new motor & parts. I live in S. Florida and we get some heavy rain down here that Rainx won't help with. If anyone has the part I am talking about, or a solution to fixing it, I would love to hear from you.

You can do a search on wiper linkages. I believe there is a recent thread on rebuilding the linkage with aftermarket bushings. The one you need doesn't seem to wear out as fast as the other ones in the wiper assembly. You might try buying used in the classifieds. That part on my old linkage was still in decent shape, but I trashed the whole thing after I got my new one in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom