FJ60 SLOPPY WIPERS (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You can do a search on wiper linkages. I believe there is a recent thread on rebuilding the linkage with aftermarket bushings. The one you need doesn't seem to wear out as fast as the other ones in the wiper assembly. You might try buying used in the classifieds. That part on my old linkage was still in decent shape, but I trashed the whole thing after I got my new one in.
Here's the thread...
Wiper link arm bush replacement

Until you find a fix for the wipers, use this stuff:
Wipers are no longer really needed in the rain when this is applied to the windshield. Seriously.

View attachment 1051357
Tried this today since wiper motor linkage is still broken and can't find parts. It worked driving home in the pouring rain!

Anybody have a photo or a picture of what this bushing looks like ??????? If we can see the problem then we can figure out how to tackle it. Because I'm having a similar problem. I would look at he local junk yard but we rarely get land cruisers up here in the high desert plains. I have only seen 2 60 seires cruisers over the last five years that I have been going to junk yards.............but I have seen a lot more Ronge Rovers (about a dozen or more) Huuuuummmmmmmm !!!!!!! Jason

Nice little repair clips to tighten everything back up.....

wiper-rings-jpg.7551

J

Nice little repair clips to tighten everything back up.....
J

I dig those repair clips...didn't find them for sale on your website. I'd buy a set right now.

Welcome to WA state by the way.

I dig those repair clips...didn't find them for sale on your website. I'd buy a set right now.

Welcome to WA state by the way.

These were made years ago by a MUD member. I contacted him to see if he was still selling them. He lost access to the machines at the job he was at. I'm talking with him to get the file drawing to take to my new machine shop in Spokane that will also be reproducing the SST Centering Tools for me as well.

Hopefully these will be on the menu in the near future.

J

Somewhat unrelated - maybe not... But does anyone know if you can switch the wiper arms to a more modern J-Hook style... I found the attached part on Amazon, but it says that this part won't fit an FJ60.... Any guidance is appreciated!

... And I'm also looking for all three arms for an FJ60 (driver, passenger, and rear). Mine have all rusted out. Hence my search to update the arms.

image.png

Somewhat unrelated - maybe not... But does anyone know if you can switch the wiper arms to a more modern J-Hook style... I found the attached part on Amazon, but it says that this part won't fit an FJ60.... Any guidance is appreciated!

... And I'm also looking for all three arms for an FJ60 (driver, passenger, and rear). Mine have all rusted out. Hence my search to update the arms.

View attachment 1290313

Contact @beno for the 4Runner upgrade.

J

nevermind....I found it, welcome

Just got my order from Amaya. $137 for new linkage, $37 shipped from Japan to Alaska. Took 6 days. So far I'm satisfied! Now I gotta make the time to install them

Just recently found time to install my new linkage. It was pretty straightforward. Had to remove both access panels in engine bay to install linkage because you have to twist/tweek it to install in mounting hole then hold it while you get screws started from top. Make sure you turn off wiper motor with steering wheel stem to "park" the motor before you turn off the engine. My wiper motor will "park" the wipers at a lower level when switched off than at the end of every sweep. This will affect the clocking of your motor when re-installing linkage and wiper arms. Pull linkage over to passenger side all the way before installing on motor. Worked best for me to unbolt arm from motor to install linkage, then bolt arm back on to motor. It's a little tricky getting your hands behind motor to bolt arm to it while linkage is installed, but I couldn't get linkage onto arm any other way. The post to bushing clearance is tight!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom