FJ60 Reincarnation Work Weekend (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

woytovich

Science...
SILVER Star
Threads
I'm planning on starting in with the swap from my 85FJ60 to my "new" 86FJ60 this weekend. I have a long list of stuff to swap, install etc... I am looking for some extra hands to help. Planning on working Friday-Sunday.

I will provide food and drink and if needed a place to sleep, shower or just chill. We can BBQ, smoke meat products or whatever people want. My family is away so it'll be a distraction-free cruiser-fest. Heck, you can even plan on working on YOUR truck if the mood strikes you.

Please let me know if you are interested and I'll get you details.

Thanks,
mark@woytovich.com

I'm planning on starting in with the swap from my 85FJ60 to my "new" 86FJ60 this weekend. I have a long list of stuff to swap, install etc... I am looking for some extra hands to help. Planning on working Friday-Sunday.

I will provide food and drink and if needed a place to sleep, shower or just chill. We can BBQ, smoke meat products or whatever people want. My family is away so it'll be a distraction-free cruiser-fest. Heck, you can even plan on working on YOUR truck if the mood strikes you.

Please let me know if you are interested and I'll get you details.

Thanks,
mark@woytovich.com

I don't check this section often, but had I known I would have helped out.
If you need more help in the future, let me know.

Zack

New springs are here.
Body lift kit is here.
Shackle reversal kit is here.

Come on over this weekend!

Drop an email if you are thinking of coming by....

Long Island... but stay tuned... there will be other Gotham City Land Cruiser related "stuff" coming up. Are you a member? gclcny.com to join
We have a few member-only events that you won't want to miss....

Pictures of the work so far... removed the 86's front springs and axle, front bumper and bumper brackets. Prep for shackle reversal install...

IMG_2528.JPG

IMG_2530.jpg

IMG_2522.JPG

After work this evening I did some work on decommissioning the 85. I pulled out the ARB locker harness, switches and compressor, the CB antenna wire, the Hella fog light harness and disconnected the winch wires from the battery.

Welded on the shackle reversal brackets and blasted the stock front spring hangers in prep for welding them back on in the rear position. I'm no Dave Crum but I think the brackets will stay stuck...

IMG_2548.JPG

IMG_2549.JPG

IMG_2554.JPG

Those things are huge. You might want to box both frame rails, as you will put more stress than stock hanger position. You should have tacked them to set up the rear hanger shackle. You will need to find your caster again....

The positioning of the front is fixed by alignment with holes in the frame - no adjustment is available really.

The Crum front bumper and winch mount will offer additional rail to rail support and rigidity for the front.

These are not as huge as the ones MAF sells normally, they are almost exactly the same as the ones on my 85FJ60.

Long Island... but stay tuned... there will be other Gotham City Land Cruiser related "stuff" coming up. Are you a member? gclcny.com to join
We have a few member-only events that you won't want to miss....

I will join the club, it sounds like a great community. I am busy for the next two weekends, but there after I am free if you need more help. This is a great way to learn about the workings of a 60..

Zack

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom