Fj60 diesel conversion (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I love the height of the motor. How's your front axle to oil pan clearance?
The pan is covering half of the flange. (Which is for good reason) I am going to be running a driver side drop king pin 60. Which reminds me. The motor had two vacuum pods I know one is for the brakes and I think the other is for the heater controls. Any ideas?

As it turns out, the D60 pinion is fairly close to where the stock 60 pinion was on my truck. I was hoping for more clearance, but didn't get a ton.

As for the vacuum pods, I say get rid of the vacuum system alltogether and run hydroboost.

As it turns out, the D60 pinion is fairly close to where the stock 60 pinion was on my truck. I was hoping for more clearance, but didn't get a ton.

As for the vacuum pods, I say get rid of the vacuum system alltogether and run hydroboost.
Did you go passenger side or drivers side drop on yours? And what hydroboost setup did you use? One more question. Do you think the stock power steering pump will push my hydro steering and hydro brakes?

Make sure you mount the trans pretty solid too. Looks great!
Thank you! And I planned on it. The idea of shearing another mount like my v8 did scares me

Oh and one more update on the swap. I am ordering a adapter from destroked to run a zf5 speed behind the 6bt and I am running a sterling 10.25 rear axle over my 14bolt

Did you go passenger side or drivers side drop on yours? And what hydroboost setup did you use? One more question. Do you think the stock power steering pump will push my hydro steering and hydro brakes?

I went passenger drop.

I know the stock PS pump on the motor will push hydro steering and hydro brakes because that's what I'm running. Have a cooler and you will be good.

I went passenger drop.

I know the stock PS pump on the motor will push hydro steering and hydro brakes because that's what I'm running. Have a cooler and you will be good.
Cool thanks johnny! Are you running a bigger reservoir to?

Nope. Haven't found a need.
Good to know thank you! What hydro brake system are you using? Only reason I didn't grab it from this truck was because it didn't run it

Chevy Hydroboost. The specific booster that's in Moonshine came from the same van that the 4BT was installed in, but I've got a second booster from the CUCV I parted earlier this year on the garage floor. I'm using a MC from a 70's corvette IIRC. @Tapage found that MC and it's been working really well.

Chevy Hydroboost. The specific booster that's in Moonshine came from the same van that the 4BT was installed in, but I've got a second booster from the CUCV I parted earlier this year on the garage floor. I'm using a MC from a 70's corvette IIRC. @Tapage found that MC and it's been working really well.
Sweet! Are there pics of the setup on your build thread? I am gonna go back through it and see how you set it up

Sweet! Are there pics of the setup on your build thread? I am gonna go back through it and see how you set it up

There are pictures of nearly everything I've done on my truck in my build thread. If you can't find what you're looking for, send me a PM and I'll get the pics for you.

There are pictures of nearly everything I've done on my truck in my build thread. If you can't find what you're looking for, send me a PM and I'll get the pics for you.
Well my eyes are square now. I went through a good hundred pages. Your swap is clean and your 1 ton swap is lookin really good! Unfortunately I must of missed the brake setup for the hydro. I saw one post about it and that was it

Most my parts for the rear axle showed up yesterday! I am getting the rest Friday and getting the rear axle in Saturday. Then I am going to track down my kingpin and get that all built and put in. I'm hoping if I get these axles under the rig then I can sell my LC axles and tires and that will pay for my swap to be finished! That's the plan and that's why I have been jumping around place to place on this build

1400076766297.jpg

Been a busy last couple along with a 5 day trip to moab so I havent touched it much but over the last two days I got the sterling ripped down and the rear end welded up new diff cover on and the hub assembly completely rebuilt. Now I just need to replace to pinion seal and bolt on the the disc brake stuff I bought this week. Then it will just be a matter of getting it underneath the rig in a few days

1401547768799.jpg

1401547777847.jpg

1401547786675.jpg

1401547802440.jpg

1401547811810.jpg

Off subject of the build but here are some pics from the moab trip

1401547988642.jpg

1401547999107.jpg

1401548010236.jpg

1401548017986.jpg

Got a kingpin Dana 60 for the cruiser! I am pulling it this week or possibly next

Got the kingpin pulled and the mounts plassed off it and the sterling. Then l cleaned up the sterling and got the disc brakes on it with spacers and tires bolted up

1403275891579.jpg

1403275902189.jpg

1403275926494.jpg

1403275937923.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom