FJ60+62+(Z)80+ v8 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How far I made it last night. The front is mostly done just need to pull the chassis out a bit farther and finish the back.

image.jpg

Cheers

You're going to powder coat that right? ;)

Saw your listing up on eBay... any biters?

Multiple and a few that may pull the trigger. How could they not...it's super awesome!

Just finished doing all my welding on the frame. Drinking a beer before a grinder session. :)

Cheers

Im always wondering what kind of $$ a project like this would go for.....

Pics of the body with out the drive train always look awesome....

Just about done now, picture of frame rail extension and rear body mounts. Think I will build some mounts for a fuel tank before I do some painting and put the chassis back under it for good.

image.jpg

Cheers

I can't find the listing.

J

J it was weird... was randomly doing a search for FZJ80 and it popped up but did not show up on my normal feed for FJ60 stuff.

Im always wondering what kind of $$ a project like this would go for.....

Pics of the body with out the drive train always look awesome....

I have heard that TLCs last FJ142 build ran $190k, just a rumor I heard. On youtube there is a video of the tan one they did, in the comments Johnathan says $80-125k to build it.

Whats one worth!? Minimum $30k in my book, finished of course. Your truck is worth that easy imho Frank. Just my opinion though....

By the way, I triple checked everything at the end of my session tonight for square, level, straight, ect ect. I threw a lot of heat at it the last day or two. It is spot on, I am stoked! :)

Cheers

Last edited:
Today I plan to have the chassis done and back under the Cruiser. I need my shop bay free'ed up for other projects. I also can't wait to push this thing out onto my lawn and wash it! :)

Cheers

All cleaned up and sanded down. Painted it too. Ready to put it back under the body for good. Not doing a fuel tank mount right now, tons of room under the truck to work so easy enough to do that when a tank is built.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Not getting a wash today but it will get the chassis back under it for the last time.

Cheers

Well I thought I had stock front coils in it, my buddy gave them to me and he said they came out of an 80 he put a lift in. These are not stock coils though, obvious by sitting a REAL stock coil next to them which I unfortunately only have one of.

chassis89.JPG

I do have stock rear coils so I put those in with a 1"spacer. Looks real nice and easily run 35's with no lift.

chassis86.JPG

Getting the wheels on it got a cheesy flex test, haha just kidding! It is going to flex real nice though. ;)

chassis83.JPG

I got some old OME shocks laying around, still somewhat good, so I tossed them in.

chassis85.JPG

Tons of room up under the back for a fuel tank and room to sit up under there and work.

chassis87.JPG

I did the frame rail extension with 3/16's and plated the inside with 1/4". Plenty strong in my opinion. All the body mounts are made from 3/16's except the #2 mounts, I buffed those up to 3/8s! I took all the original body mounts and cleaned them up in the parts washer, all are good and none are deformed or blown out so why not use them!?

Long late night last night. Buddies came over to drink some beers so I got a little side tracked. It is ready to roll out now though and get it's first wash as an FJ142! ;)

Oh ya and my shop needs a big cleaning too!

Cheers

By the way, it feels good to have all this done. Lot's work everyday for the last two weeks. And I have finally free'ed up a shop bay which is needed badly. Now I can pull in my UZJ100 and fit the Manta 270 awning and Slee led light bar switch. Stoked! :)

Cheers

Lookin' good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom