FJ60/62 BMW seat brackets (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok, I'll keep an eye on this thread. Many 80 series owners complain about uncomfortable seats. And used very comfortable BMW seats sell for less than just the leather material to recover seats. I would love to replace my 80 series seats!!

I've got a pair of BMW 1-series seats that I'm trying to sell incidentally if anyone is interested and in the San Francisco Bay Area. Link with details is below.

I would put them in my 80 series if I could, but sounds like that isn't going to be easy.

They are manual, black "leatherette" seats. Probably identical to 3-series seats as most parts are but I'm not certain of that.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=916800

Land Cruisers and small BMWs go very well together - each great at very different things!

My thought exactly. Every time I get in either one they always put a smile on my face. While very different, they both are excellent at what they are built for. Having such different vehicles also helps me appreciate both their strengths.

Ok, I'll keep an eye on this thread. Many 80 series owners complain about uncomfortable seats. And used very comfortable BMW seats sell for less than just the leather material to recover seats. I would love to replace my 80 series seats!!

1x on my 91. Love to replace them with comfortable seats. Subscribe.

Anyone know if this install nets you any additional room between the pedals and the driver? I'm a tall dude and driving my 62 can occasionally feel like sitting in an elementary school desk. Occasionally my right leg will go numb from the knee-down because of the awkward position I'm in. If this nets more room, it would be a great, easy solution. To say nothing of additional comfort for my wife.

Anyone know if this install nets you any additional room between the pedals and the driver? I'm a tall dude and driving my 62 can occasionally feel like sitting in an elementary school desk. Occasionally my right leg will go numb from the knee-down because of the awkward position I'm in. If this nets more room, it would be a great, easy solution. To say nothing of additional comfort for my wife.

where in socal are you? You can check mine out if you want.

That would be awesome. Hell, just to get around another running 60/62 and see and hear would be great.

I'm right at the border of LA and Orange counties - near Knott's Berry Farm.

down the street from me... im off of valley view north of the 5

Leather BMW Seats in Everett 1999-2006

Not a for sale posting, just an FYI on a Craigslist ad.

1994 - 2006 4 door 3 series are all verified to work with our brackets. The later models are a PITA because the power seat switches use a central computer to work right.

For Seattle area folks and customers of Torfab, there is a current Craigslist posting for apparently correct seats for sale in Everett. $300 ask, with power adjustment and heated. (All I know is in the ad - NOT MY SEATS).

Good luck!

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/pts/4308331156.html

BMW Gray.jpg

That is a pretty good deal for a set.

We have the brackets in stock now.

That is a pretty good deal for a set.

Looks that way. I just bought the black seats further back in this thread (thanks, Arthur).

Including shipping, I paid more than the asking price of these gray leather units without power or heat.

AND they weren't leather!

But I got what I needed - seats out of a two-door with tilt-forward feature, and wanted (vinyl, not leather) :bounce::bounce2:

Last edited:
I would love to do this upgrade, however it seems nearly impossible to find nice used BMW seats in my area (NJ).

Zack

have you tried the junk yard? Figure there have to be plenty of wrecks in the winter....RWD BMW's suck in the snow....I know.

These brackets are unreal. Figure they could hold a 700lb person without any problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom